gooner.girl

Football Chat

too tempting, Helen... far too tempting...

:twisted::twisted::twisted::evil::evil:

Phil, i'm coming after you with a big stick!

Ok Helen, since you ask so nicely..

here's the real Emirates Stadium...

1048520647-5.jpeg

I believe they've even got their own resident streaker now...

streaker1.jpg

:D

Phil

Very true resemblence. It's as quite as a mouse in the Emirates! Laughing

Possibly when we are playing a boring team like Villa Martin, but the atmospheres ok. Not great but its not bad. I've been. I know. Its very variable. There are a lot more quiet fans in the Premiership.

Phil... I think you have to much time on your hands!

Very true resemblence. It's as quite as a mouse in the Emirates! Laughing

Possibly when we are playing a boring team like Villa Martin, but the atmospheres ok. Not great but its not bad. I've been. I know. Its very variable. There are a lot more quiet fans in the Premiership.

Phil... I think you have to much time on your hands!

Manchester United, Liverpool.

The best home fans other than Villa in a game I've been to were Tottenham.

Villa aren't boring.

O'Neill confirmed that we're going to sign Phil Bardsley! :):shock::?:roll: a billionaire in charge and we sign him... bring on ljungberg and henry! :wink:

Blooming typical! I told you "Ooops, word censored!"nal would get Bolton in the cup. Well its happened! :evil: At least we are at home though...

Chelsea of course have another easy tie against Forest, so do Spurs if they manage to get through, Man. U play Portsmouth - come on Portsmouth!

And Villa play... Oh i can't find who Villa play! Oh thats right, they're not in the cup anymore are they?!

Blooming typical! I told you "Ooops, word censored!"nal would get Bolton in the cup. Well its happened! :evil: At least we are at home though...

I thought you said Bolton were rubbish - on account of the fact that Liverpool beat us and you beat Liverpool?? :wink:

anyway - I fully expect "Ooops, word censored!"nal to thrash us in the cup - we will put out the reserves, so will "Ooops, word censored!"nal - and "Ooops, word censored!"nal's reserves are way better than ours..

ho-hum - there goes my dream of Bolton being the first to win the FA Cup at the Old Wembly and the New Wembly...

Phil

(practicing the phrase.. "concentrating on the league"!)

I don't think we will put our reserves out Phil - i bet you won't! Its your only chance of glory this season!

We might rest a few players and we probably would have put the reserves out if we were playing a lower league team but Bolton? I don't know what Wenger will do! So glad we are at home though!

Sometimes i think our reserves are better then our first team though anyway. I think it was last season we played everton twice within a week or so and in the carling cup our reserves won against their first team and in the league we only drew or something!?

Should be a good game - as long as we win... Might try and get tickets!

..but I know you're old enough to remember this, Helen.. I was there.. FA Cup 1994

back in the day - Supa John McGinlay, Andy Walker and Jason MacAteer - (and a very youthful looking David Seaman!!)

and all introduced by the LEGENDARY "Ding Dong" Dave Higson (who died recently)

.... what a ding-dong-do!!!

(snowy can ask her hubby - he'll remember!!)

8)

Phil

Hummm. That does ring a distant bell in my memory Phil, i went to my first game the season after that. It was the season after we did the fa cup/league cup double wasn't it that we got knocked out by you? 93/94?

I remeber John McGinlay and Jason McAteer were your best players bacvk in those days.

Hummm. That does ring a distant bell in my memory Phil, i went to my first game the season after that. It was the season after we did the fa cup/league cup double wasn't it that we got knocked out by you? 93/94?

I remeber John McGinlay and Jason McAteer were your best players bacvk in those days.

Indeed - McGinlay (SupaJohn) is an absolute Wanderers legend.

MacAteer went to Liverpool and was ruined forever - got a dose of the Billy-big-boots

did you hear the legendary (and true!) MacAteer pizza story?

in an Italian restaurant he was asked if he wanted his pizza cut into 4 pieces or 8 - he said 4 because he didn't think he could manage 8!!

he also (allegedly) saw the snooker player Jimmy white in a club and shouted out..

One hundred and eigghhhhhhhhttttyyy!!!

thick as several short planks that lad - now at Tranmere I think

Phil

Supa, SupaJohn, Supa, SupaJohn, Supa, SupaJohn, SupaJohn McGinlay!

:roll::roll:

awesome!! sing it again!

There's only 1 John McGinlay

There's only 1 John McGinlay

Walking Along

Singing A Song

Walking In McGinlay Wonderland

repeat 100 times!!

ahhh - those were the days!

Phil

Footballers aren't the brightest in general are they?! - bless 'em!

Having said that "Ooops, word censored!"na wenger has a degree in economics and can speak 5 languages which is pretty impressive!

very impressive! let me guess what those languages are...

whinge

whine

moan

complain

and fluent gripe...

(plus french and English - I make that seven??)

Phil :wink: