gooner.girl

Football Chat

Incidentally, the automatic moderating of the word is not up for discussion. While you obviously all find it an acceptable word to be used on the forum, some do not, which is why it is in the swear filter.

Now play on......

8) Yes, as Kate says, if anyone is unsure about a posting they can express their concern to a moderator, there's even a report button to draw mods attention quickly, although this is very rarely needed.

As long as the complaint is for the general good of the forum! Remember if one thing is very wrong, another lesser wrong is still not right, and no one was being reprimanded anyway, it all moved on quite harmlessly.

Anyway, I've brought the plates of orange segments for half time, let's look forward to a great 2nd half! :)

Yes, I am nervous....plus its on the telly, I think sometimes its better for me if its not on the tv. Get all worked up, shout and swear at the tv and if we lose Im in a bad mood for the rest of the weekend and hubby is too.

And I hate losing to the scouser's.....Cant stand liverpool,.. and their fans are so "in yer face" and "we're the best team in the land since 1970" attitude!

I would rather get hammered by man'ure and "Ooops, word censored!"nal than lose to liverpool

Liverpool are pants and I want to thrash them tomorrow just to show them that they arent as good as man u/"Ooops, word censored!"nal/chelsea

My husband, Mike HATES Liverpool! Quite irrational he is about it, he hates Liverpool more then he supports any other team (including "Ooops, word censored!"nal :evil: who he is suposed to support as i made him promise that before i married him!)

I don't know why really. I think cos back in his day (the 1980's) Liverpool were the Man.U of their time and it was a love them or hate them situation.

My most hated teams are still Spurs and Man.Ure though am torn this season cos Cashleys gone to Chelsea and i REALLY don't want him to win any medals... :twisted:

I guess all Villa fans hate Birmingham... I don't really know who Boltons arch rivals are?

So here's the current table:

name                         c/s          c/r            total

Chelsea                       0           3                 3
Phil                              0           3                 3
Helen                           0           2                 2
Sheila                          0           2                 2
Martin                          0           1                 1

c/s = correct score = 3pts
c/r = correct result = 1pt

and here's the predictions for this weekend:

Helen:

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 2 - 1 Man.U

Liverpool 0 - 1 Chelsea

Villa 1 - 0 Watford

Boro - 0 - 1 Bolton

Sheila:

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 2 - 1 Man.U

Liverpool 0 - 1 Chelsea

Villa 0 - 1 Watford

Boro - 0 - 1 Bolton

Chelsea:

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 2 - man u 2

liverpool 1 - chelsea 3

villa 2 - watford 0

boro 1 - bolton 2

Martin:

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 0 - Man U 2

Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 1

Villa 2 - Watford 0

Boro 3 - Bolton 1

Phil

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 1 - Man U 1

Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 3

Villa 2 - Watford 2

Boro 2 - Bolton 1

(NB: the "Ooops, word censored!"nal game is on Sunday...)

Phil

I guess all Villa fans hate Birmingham... I don't really know who Boltons arch rivals are?

We have a whole succession of arch rivals - some going back decades!!

we have a load of teams crammed into the North East - so there are the obvios Derbies...

ManU - obviously (though we don't really regiser on ManU's radar - for a proper Derby the hatred has to be requited!)

proper mutual local loathing - Citeh, Blackburn, Burnley,

Wiggin would love to be our rivals - they try very hard to be - but it's more fun to patronise them - pat them on the head and say "well done!" they really hate that!!! (like ManU do with us!!)

other proper rivalries with long histories... Wolves ('cos we are the one and only wanderers!) Tranmere - we REALLY hate them! - Ipswich (for obvious reasons)

Everton - well, just because they are Everton!!

Liverpool - we used to get on well with them - but the fat Waiter has ruined all that!!

Bury games are usually a bit tasty - and we've worked up quite a nice rivalry with West Ham (which is especially nice as it is the club most local to where I live now...) this is on account of the fact that we were a big factor in their relegation (so they think) a couple of years ago. The media were outraged that a team of northern cloggers could relegate the "cream of English football"!!

probably the fiercest - in terms of long history and potential violence - would be Burnley and Blackburn (I got beaten up at a Burnley game many moons ago... :roll: )

in short... we hate everyone!! :oops:

Phil

in short... we hate everyone!!

So it would seem Phil!!!! :lol: I think 1 or 2 really hated teams is best though! How come you ended up being beaten up?! :?

The "Ooops, word censored!"nal - Spurs thing has obviously been going on for ages and the fabulous ending to last season - they finally think they are going to finish above us in the league and take a european slot away from us on our last season at Highbury and they all end up with food poisioning, well...

If that isn't proof that God is a gooner i don't know what is! :lol::lol:

Honestly it couldn't have been scripted better... Fairytale ending to our time at Highbury! Hilarious! i still chuckle now when i think about it (i'm a bit sad like that!)

in short... we hate everyone!!

So it would seem Phil!!!! :lol: I think 1 or 2 really hated teams is best though! How come you ended up being beaten up?! :?

You have to remember I started going to football matches in the seventies - when football violence was commonplace. Me and a mate were walking home from the game and we got chased and cornered under a railway bridge. It wasn't the first or the last time - but I never suffered anything more than cuts and bruises. Not every football hooligan was tooled up with Stanley knives - though a fair few were... :roll:

The "Ooops, word censored!"nal - Spurs thing has obviously been going on for ages and the fabulous ending to last season - they finally think they are going to finish above us in the league and take a european slot away from us on our last season at Highbury and they all end up with food poisioning, well...

If that isn't proof that God is a gooner i don't know what is! :lol::lol:

Nah.. God's a Trotter - his people Israel spent their formative years Wandering in the desert...

as they traveled they sang that famous Psalm (Psalm 153) "We are the one and only Wanderers..." and they fought running battles with the Philistines (AKA Blackburn Rovers)!

8)

Phil

8) Thanks bronze, that's useful info.

I heard about the theory that the expression "back to square one" maybe came from those early commentaries, I love learning facts (or possible facts) like that.

When I clicked on that site, the words "Back 2 Square 1" were backed with the team logos.....just for a mo it seemed to read ""Ooops, word censored!"nal 2 Man.U. 1"

That'll do for me! :lol:

Phil, thanks for typing out our league predictions, I'm looking forward to this (she said hopefully :roll: )

There's a lot riding on the "Ooops, word censored!"nal game!!

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea

Aston Villa 2-0 Watford

Middlesbrough 5-1 Bolton

so far...

Helen: 1pt

Sheila: 0pts (made one change to Helen's - the wrong change!!)

Chelsea: 3pts (and our first correct score!!)

Martin: 3pts (and our equal-first correct score!)

Phil: 1pt

(Helen and Phil - all talk and no trousers!!!)

but it could all change tomorrow!!!

Phil

Oh and just seen, El-Hadji Diouf sent off as well - foul and abusive language... tut tut... Dirty Bolton... :wink::lol:

And Chelsea... Sorry i just couldn't resist any longer. Losing to Liverpool! You must be gutted! I mean "Ooops, word censored!"nal reserves can thrash them! I knew there'd be a come back for Liverpool at some point after losing so badly to us, just didn't have the guts to predict it against Chelsea... And Pennant scored, ex gooner!

Still lets save all the real teasing for Phil shall we? :lol::lol: After all losing to Boro 5-1!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Dear. Still at least you got a point for predicting that they'd lose Phil - look on the bright side!

I like it when "Ooops, word censored!"nal play sundays it means i can get some teasing in before we lose!

I like it when "Ooops, word censored!"nal play sundays it means i can get some teasing in before we lose!

enjoy it when you can girl!!! it's not often that I cheer for ManUre (except I'll be out preaching at Morag's church - if I remember - Oh - is that a nasty cold coming on.... :wink: )

as for Bolton... I'm speechless!! (a rare event - enjoy it while you can, it'll wear off soon!)

and Juffy sent off for swearing - stupid **!***&% - now he'll be banned for the "Ooops, word censored!"nal game - and we'll get tonked even more than we would have... :roll:

Phil

enjoy it when you can girl!!! it's not often that I cheer for ManUre (except I'll be out preaching at Morag's church - if I remember - Oh - is that a nasty cold coming on....

Cheer for Manure Phi??? - I could go off you! - i thought you had better taste then that!?? Obviously not... :?

as for Bolton... I'm speechless!! (a rare event - enjoy it while you can, it'll wear off soon!)

I can imagine it is quite rare that you are speechless Phil! I'll try to resist the urge to tease to much as i know i'll only get it back 10 times over when we lose tomorrow...

Shame Juffys banned for the "Ooops, word censored!"nal game :wink: Why are you you so unconfident about it Phil? You normally play well against us - and more to the point why are you coming to watch if you are so sure you will get tonked??!!

Just got back from Villa. It's was freezing cold and I have a blinding headached. The game was so dire, but the last 10minutes were excellent. I really do feel sorry for Watford, they play so well and every week they crumble late on. Ashley Young has verbally agreed to join, so it's a good week for us. Glad I got a 4 point in our prediction league! :P

Yes it would have helped me in our league table if Villa had only won 1-0 though Martin... Humph.

Still, you need to make the most of teasing Chelsea and Phil, as there can't be many weeks when Villa win and Bolton and Chelsea both lose. Ssssh. Don't tell them i said to do that though! :wink:

Shame Juffys banned for the "Ooops, word censored!"nal game :wink: Why are you you so unconfident about it Phil? You normally play well against us - and more to the point why are you coming to watch if you are so sure you will get tonked??!!

because I'm a fan, Helen.. I don't expect "Ooops, word censored!"nal fans to understand this - but I have supported BWFC in all four divisions, through thick and thin (mostly thin!) Even if we lost every week - I'd still go to see them - it's a disease!!!

I am quite happy to go and watch - even if we might lose..

one thing I never do (because I'm a sore loser!) is watch MOTD when we lost!!

8)

Phil

Yes it would have helped me in our league table if Villa had only won 1-0 though Martin... Humph.

Still, you need to make the most of teasing Chelsea and Phil, as there can't be many weeks when Villa win and Bolton and Chelsea both lose. Ssssh. Don't tell them i said to do that though! :wink:

we were robbed!!! :lol:

Phil