gooner.girl

Football Chat

we are club members, chelsea release tickets to members at 1 per member initially and then if any left they go on general sale (which wont happen for the big-gun games)

Only likelyhood of getting tickets for chelsea if you aint a member or STH would be to go to something like V s"Ooops, word censored!"horpe in the FA cup :D

there's always touts outside though :shock:

I wish Chelsea! Only been to 2 matches this season so far. Both Champions league games. Porto and CSKA Moscow.

Its really hard getting tickets. The Portsmouth premiership match 16th dec will be my first premiership saturday game for ages. Last few seasons i have only been able to get tickets for coca cola cup or whatever its called these days(dirt cheap - eg £10 cos its pretty much the reserves playing) and f.a cup matches.

Husband and i are red members this season. Tickets go on sale to gold members, then silver, then red then general sale (hardly ever general sale unless cup matches) that has made it a bit easier. Have been going to watch "Ooops, word censored!"nal since 94/95 season - back then it was easier to get tickets but i had no money and was just a teenager, now i have a bit more money but they are so hard to get hold of. Must be the great football we play! :D

The new stadium is fantastic - we don't have paper tickets to get in, our membership cards are activated. Soooo much quicker and i guess the bigger capacity means we will be able to see more matches but we queue up for the tube by Highbury and i still get a bit of a lump in my throat when i see it getting gradually knocked down (sad i know but i don't like change and i'd rather we stayed at highbury though logically i know we had to move)

Do you go and watch Chelsea much? I think their tickets are even more expensive then ours!

blimey :shock::shock:

Thats a bit steep (more like something chelsea would charge :? )

I couldnt justify a season ticket living so far away, it costs us £50 a ticket now then you have to add on fuel/parking/food/megastore goodies :shock:

You may not be aware that in the Chelsea Away Stand there are limited concessions. It's £45 a ticket if you don't purchase on day of release. I wanted to go but I thought £45+£17 travel on villa coach was far too much!

Red membership is the way to go Annie!

Check out http://www."Ooops, word censored!"nal.com/membership/index.asp

I have had red membership for a while and got it for Mike (OH) this season who had to pledge to be a gooner in our wedding vows :lol: It makes getting tickets much more of a possibility. The only other way is try for general sale if we ever get a home match in the league or f.a cup. I think my brother may use Mikes membership next time we go up as he is starting to turn into more of an "Ooops, word censored!"nal fan and he looks after our animals a lot when we are at work or on holiday so i'm gonna take him as a thankyou!

Haha Martin - i don't think :twisted::wink:

We've been going to Stamford bridge since 1996 (when we werent any good :oops: )

When we were young, not married and didnt have a mortgage we went about twice a month (midweek games/and saturday home games)..

over the years this since tailed off to about once a month and then the last couple of years maybe once or twice a season. :cry:

Would love to go more, but we've seen some excellent games (3-1 over Barcelona when Zola was playing - fantastic), we usually sit in the matthew harding stand (which is the loudest in stamford bridge)

Sadly though - the atmosphere nowadays is not what it used to be.

I cant think of anything better than going to a winter champions league night game, scarves and gloves,...floodlights,....see your breath in the air..and watch a bloomin good game of footy!!

beats shopping anyday !! :lol:

Yes it has been fab watching champions league, like you say all wrapped up in gloves, scarves etc, floodlights on except last time we sat so high up i felt quite ill! :lol: The real palava is both of us finishing work on time, meeting up and getting there.

OH was gonna propose at Highbury but told me on the train on the way there - 'i was going to propose to you tonight but we're late and its raining so i won't!' Charming! In the end he got down on one knee in the fields behind my old family home where we were walking the dog BUT and get this, he whipped out a plastic bag so his knees didn't get wet - and it was a brighton and hove albion one!!!! Very romantic i'm sure. Not. Plus the dog was coughing up grass in the back ground.

Anyhow going back to season tickets (sorry got slightly carried away there :oops: its a wonder i said yes to him!) £150 Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that all????? Thats so cheap!!!!!!!!!!! Cheapest seats at Ashburton Grove (can't bring myself to say the 'E' word) are £32

Yes it has been fab watching champions league, like you say all wrapped up in gloves, scarves etc, floodlights on except last time we sat so high up i felt quite ill! :lol: The real palava is both of us finishing work on time, meeting up and getting there.

OH was gonna propose at Highbury but told me on the train on the way there - 'i was going to propose to you tonight but we're late and its raining so i won't!' Charming! In the end he got down on one knee in the fields behind my old family home where we were walking the dog BUT and get this, he whipped out a plastic bag so his knees didn't get wet - and it was a brighton and hove albion one!!!! Very romantic i'm sure. Not. Plus the dog was coughing up grass in the back ground.

Anyhow going back to season tickets (sorry got slightly carried away there :oops: its a wonder i said yes to him!) £150 Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that all????? Thats so cheap!!!!!!!!!!! Cheapest seats at Ashburton Grove (can't bring myself to say the 'E' word) are £32

hee hee :lol::lol::lol: im visioning your romantic proposal :lol:

we watched "Ooops, word censored!"nal from the west higher tier at Stamford bridge and we both could have done with some oxygen when we'd reached the top of the stairs...really bad :oops::shock: !!

and it was way too high (couldnt read the numbers on the back of the shirts :shock: )

Does it go up when you reach 18 or anything Martin? I'm sure the Nou camp is very impressive, only sport i have ever seen abroard was the atlanta braves baseball team vs St Louis cardinals. Mikes aunt lives over there and she took me. That was fun! The americans are so funny about their sport!

5th in the league may I add!

I think it goes......

Under 12's £90

Under 16's £150

Under 21's in full time employment: £ 320

Students with valis NUS (is that right) card: £290

Adult £400

Over 65's: £240

Something like that. It's cheaper to sit in the main stand "Holte End" than in my stand. :roll:

Thats great prices Martin! Wow i'd have a season ticket for "Ooops, word censored!"nal at prices like that! Is there a waiting list for season tickets at Villa Martin? Maybe i'll have to come up and watch "Ooops, word censored!"nal play them at Villa Park! My aunt lives in warwick so i could stay with her!

Thats great prices Martin! Wow i'd have a season ticket for "Ooops, word censored!"nal at prices like that! Is there a waiting list for season tickets at Villa Martin? Maybe i'll have to come up and watch "Ooops, word censored!"nal play them at Villa Park! My aunt lives in warwick so i could stay with her!

Waiting list? :oops:

Red membership is the way to go Annie!

:

Yeah I know, but that's what the 30,000 person waiting list is for! I can only get green... which is the "well done for supporting "Ooops, word censored!"nal, give us £60 and when the 30,000 people in front of you have taken over red memberships that are no longer wanted by existing members, you will be next......

I just can't square it with myself.