redhotchick

Holiday Search - please help!

I'v been trying to find accomodation in France for 16 people. We are all family, 10 adults, 4 teens, one 8 and one 11 yr old. The dates are fixed and all the sites I look at say there is availability and then when you enquire there isn't :(

It has to have a pool and ideally be in Brittany, Normandy or somewhere not too far to drive.

Can anyone recommend a website or know of anywhere for the middle of August?

Peak season of course!

I'm starting to think we won't find anything!

HI

One year we decided on spur moment to go to britanny and we just booked via welcome cottages and we had a brilliant time the problem we had was booking the ferry,...we ended up going not via southampton but Plymouth and then roscoff so not our choice it was a long way round.

So check the ferries too my friends go every year and the ferry they book early..good luck

I have use holiday lettings (for florida last year and it was really great private owned houses etc)..just google it

good luck indie

Thanks for all suggestions.

I have gite fatigue from looking at so many places!

There are a lot of sites out there!

I think I now have the choice of 2 very suitable properties. Fingers crossed.

The Holiday Rentals site was useful. What I have found is that if you contact the owners they quite often come back with an alternative suggestion.

Some lovely properties at Simply Chateau, something about my computer wouldn't let the site work properly though, but it is fine from my work PC.

Berkochicks, we have been cross referencing other sites to check the price and contacting the owners direct where possible.

Gosh it's hard work!