ChookieCaz

Need to pick your brains please!

:?:I have another question. This time its about eggs.

How much do people sell their eggs for? I would like to be able to sell a few to some of the people we know but would like to know what is reasonable, and also if it covers costs including egg boxes if I need to buy any. At the moment, I have some and people have generally been good about returning them. Also, we use organic layers pellets, although some of the "table scaps" including apple cores and uneaten Marmite sandwiches are not.

Thank you

I sell them like this...

Big eggs

4 for £1

6 for £1.50

Bantam

£1 for 4

£1.20 for 6

Mine are organic however everyone says I am charging too little as tesco's 1/2 dozen free range organic eggs..................£2!!!!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Good Luck

Tom

P.S. I bought the 4 egg boxes from flyte-so-fancy, fantastic little things!

Actually - £2.05 :shock: !! :lol: That's what started all this thinking about chickens off for us...
Yes, us too. However, when adding up the cost of initial Eglu, then the WIR, and now with the chicks, a second Eglu, I'm not sure we've actually save much money :think:. Mind you, wouldn't have it any other way, you can't beat chicken keeping :dance:.

Andrew

:shock: I think you're selling yourself short there Janty. I'd say £2 at least :D
I would agree. £2.00 for 12 freshly laid garden eggs is a very reasonable 'charge'. When we've been over run with eggs (ah, I remember the days!), people at work were more than happy to give me a couple of quid for a large box of eggs.

Andrew