Plum Posted July 3, 2009 Share Posted July 3, 2009 Making a quilt for a King Charles spaniel with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. So how big should I make it? 21" so far. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TAJ Posted July 5, 2009 Share Posted July 5, 2009 We need to see it! Tracy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
purple hen Posted July 5, 2009 Share Posted July 5, 2009 What a lucky dog Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 5, 2009 Author Share Posted July 5, 2009 It's for my nieces 18th birthday. I find it hard to buy for her she has learning difficulties and I struggle to think what to get her. So I though a Radley purse with the little dog on and a quilt for her dog. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted July 5, 2009 Share Posted July 5, 2009 Plum that is a genius idea! Im sure she will love them both Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted July 10, 2009 Share Posted July 10, 2009 How fab, please post piccies when finished. I remember my friends spaniel being taller than I imagined, so he was quite long when stretched out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 10, 2009 Author Share Posted July 10, 2009 Just uploading some pictures, perhaps I'll have to make it a bit bigger. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 10, 2009 Author Share Posted July 10, 2009 My dog quilt so far No dog quilt No it's a dog quilt - blinking cats, next there will be a chicken on it!! detail of fabric I'll use some polyester batting so its easy to wash and using up left over s"Ooops, word censored!"s to piece the back. I would make mine a cat quilt but they help themselves anyway. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BarbaraJ Posted July 10, 2009 Share Posted July 10, 2009 very clever quilting, do you follow a pattern? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 11, 2009 Author Share Posted July 11, 2009 It's loosly from Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Road. I'd already made the centre blocks then used his ideas for the next borders. Shall I stop or do more? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigmommasally Posted July 11, 2009 Share Posted July 11, 2009 Thats beautiful Plum I love it! What a lucky little dog, It looks a perfect size for your cats KCC's are a little bigger but I would have thought that it is big enough. Sorry gone over board on the smilies but found a new site and couldn't resist using them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted July 11, 2009 Share Posted July 11, 2009 thats lovely im glad its not just my kittycat that doesnt understand that something isnt hers cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted July 11, 2009 Share Posted July 11, 2009 You could always add a plain edge to add a little extra width....I have bigger helpers than yours, my Jess (black lab) decided that the bed throw I'd made for a child's present (I'll post some piccies later ) was just right for her That is one very spoilt little pooch you are making that gorgeous quilt for ! Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted July 11, 2009 Share Posted July 11, 2009 That is absolutely gorgeous .....................words fail me....................doesn't happen often . What a lucky dog . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted July 11, 2009 Share Posted July 11, 2009 It's too good for the dog! What a smashing quilt! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 11, 2009 Author Share Posted July 11, 2009 Thanks for the comments Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...