tom123 Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 Would I fit under Rosie... she is a bantam about the size of a big pigeon, when she is fluffed up she is about 8-9 inches wide x 8-9 inches long if that makes any sense. How many medium sized eggs (orpington size) would she fit under her? Thanks Tom Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raina Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 I could be terribly wrong but i'm thinking 2 - 4? i have some fake pigeon egg and they are quite small (half the size of a chicken egg) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tom123 Posted July 12, 2009 Author Share Posted July 12, 2009 sorry didn't mean pigeon eggs! I meant she is the same size as a big pigeon and how many chicken eggs under her! Tom Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raina Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 sorry didn't mean pigeon eggs! I meant she is the same size as a big pigeon and how many chicken eggs under her! Tom ah sorry, i was speed reading lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 Do you mean full sized Orpingtons? I'd say 2 or 3 maximum. You also need to think about her raising the chicks because they'll be the same size as her in just a few weeks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 Size hasn't bothered Tiger Lily my Silkie! She was sat on 7 Brahma eggs, 4 hatched and now they're 8 weeks old, almost the same size as her but she still insists on being an excellent mum to them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 I'd go for up to 6 - depends how many chicks you'd like! If she can't manage then she will boot some out...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...