Willow

Beekeeping Courses in Berkshire

Berkshire College of Agriculture run beekeeping courses. I've considered going for the last 2 years but not managed it yet !

Taster 1/2 day £16 early Sept

http://www.bca.ac.uk/courses/pt/beekeeping.htm

Edited to add we'd spent a while chatting to one of the BCA beekeepers on their general open day earlier in the summer and found her to be very friendly and welcoming to the interested but ignorant :oops:

The Bee course is fully booked, but they are taking a waiting list. The lady I spoke to said that there was a lot of interest, and so they would be looking to add another date.

So if you can't make it because of the date, i'd consider booking anyway to get a good chance of being offered th enext date.

Has anyone considered contacting a local bee-keeper and going out to see what he/she does, etc? If you are interested, I could ask my Dad (in South Oxfordshire). He's been bee-keeping for over fifty years :!:8)

I just took what would normally be my last visitors to meet the bees on Monday. Apiaries that are under attack from wasps are very defensive and those hives do not need opening more than is absolutely necessary.

That said, I have one apiary in an orchard which is still good to visit (wasps are working the plums) So, if anyone near Cambridge wants to come meet my bees at the weekend, just let me know. It will have to be on a first come first served basis as I only have three spare suits. I don’t have a Beehaus obviously, but I do have Dartingtons you can look at.

Oh, and unlike others, I won't charge anything. We are about ten miles north of Cambridge. I can do Sunday this coming weekend.