chickenopolis

Cabbage White Butterflies.....can chickens eat them..!

Help....

Glo and Flo our lovely ladies seem to think that cabbage white butterflies and/or their caterpillars might make a tasty snack, but I am sure I have read that they are poisonous to chickens - does anyone know if this is true, or whether I have made it up???

Glo and Flo are 6 months old and Glo likes to chase butterflies and even tries to jump up to catch them.. Can anyone shed any light on this please. (cube lilac)

Thanks Tricia.

We've only had the girls for a month and are completely smitten with them; might have to carry on "shooing" the butterflies away - am sure the neighbours think we are mad.

Husband had to manhandle Flo when she had a caterpillar hanging out of her beak, that she had so lovingly swiped from my cabbages! :)

I have just been reading on an American website that as a general rule the hairier the Caterpillar is the more poisonous they are. I was looking as my chicks are on someones allotment and the cabbages are right by my chicks, the Caterpillars are everywhere, lots of fun for them lol.