Peaches

I can recommend a good book

Just in case anyone is interested ..... We bought a few books on beekeeping including the Ted Hooper book, but this one, which was given to all of us newbies on the intro to bees course, has been the most useful/accessible:

Bees at the Bottom of the Garden, by Alan Campion, published by Alan Campion (busy chap, obviously) ISBN 0-907908-97-7.

It has all you need to know, without being overwhelming.

Hope this helps. :)

I'm busy reading various references and looking at the DVD Egluntine recommended as having joined my local beekeeping group I have my first hive visit on Saturday.

Though not a reference tome I am enjoying this

3836371359_66e3f88f20_o.jpg

I have to admit I was booked on an Omlet course in Manchester on Saturday but cancelled :oops::oops: in favour of my local group.

• Omlet Staff

Couldn't agree more with the recommendation about Bees at the Bottom of the Garden. It's easy to read and covers everything you need to get started. We are going to stock it in the Omlet shop.

If you have kept bees for a while and want to read more, then 'Guide to Bees and Honey' by Ted Hooper is brilliant. However, it is a little too detailed for a new beekeeper and isn't recommended as a starting book.

James