helenmb

Circlip pliers - help which ones?

I think I'm going mad but I can't seem to find the Circlip Pliers that quite a few of you have for help with fitting Bumper Bits.

The only ones I could see in Halfords had the nose end open when the handles were closed. I thought the ones that have been suggested were ones where when you close the handles the ends open - which of course would be the easiest way to use them with the Bumper Bits.

Have I got it wrong or are they just not in stock in our Halfords. Any extra info would be really helpful.

Thanks a million - Helen

They have been mentioned a lot on the forum for helping out with fitting Bumper Bits. I think Eglutine has used them so perhaps she will respond when she has a mo. I too looked on Google but there seem to be so many types hence my question. I need something that will open the bumper bit by squeezing the handles so the noses of the pliers open. I think this is the reverse of how they normally work. Oooh, maybe I've just answered my own question - is there such as thing as reverse pliers me thinks :idea::?:

Thanks for the pics, got a pair and Halford this arvo - had sent DH for some but he came back with the wrong type - doh! So back we went (with the same instructions I gave him earlier) for the correct pair. They were £9.99 and worked a treat as I have just fitted two more bumper bits this evening. I always feel so terrible doing it as they (naturally) hate it and I am always worried I'll get it into the wrong bit of their nostrils.

Anyway, will see how they take it first thing tomorrow.

Thanks for your help chaps.