A chickychickychick-ENN!!

Winter socks!

I feel tempted to try, but am not sure if I could knit socks. My way of knitting consists of the right hand needle stuck in my midriff. It's easier with medium to long needles, and the short pointy ones might prove to be a bit awkward! and painful.

All of those knitted socks look lovely. I really fancy having some .......

I feel tempted to try, but am not sure if I could knit socks. My way of knitting consists of the right hand needle stuck in my midriff. It's easier with medium to long needles, and the short pointy ones might prove to be a bit awkward! and painful.

I used to knit like that :lol::lol::lol: with my tongue out the side of my mouth too in concentration.

I just love all socks as long as they are warm. I get terrible chilblains, so I will try any type of sock. I am in the middle of knitting some now - like the stripey ones - but they are taking so long! The wool is very fine so that I can wear another pair on top and still get my wellies on. I like the idea of the King Cole sock yarn. Maybe that is the way forward. I will see if I can get some sent over here. I had better finish my little grandson's coat first!

I just love all socks as long as they are warm. I get terrible chilblains, so I will try any type of sock. I am in the middle of knitting some now - like the stripey ones - but they are taking so long! The wool is very fine so that I can wear another pair on top and still get my wellies on. I like the idea of the King Cole sock yarn. Maybe that is the way forward. I will see if I can get some sent over here. I had better finish my little grandson's coat first!

I've just noticed your location Henriette! Pity this thread didn't happen a couple of months ago - we were in Rostrenen in July, I could've brought some over for you! :roll::lol:

Oh what a shame! Do you go to Rostrenen frequently? We are about 35 mins away. The next time, if you do come again, let me know and perhaps we could meet up?

I'd really like to go back again next year - but still awaiting OHs final holiday dates :roll: But yes, I'll give you a shout - and bring you some wool! We did visit Quimper last time we came over - beautiful city! 8)

I bought the wool & the DPN's - I also bought circular needles. There is no way I can knit socks! If there is a pattern for socks knit on two normal needles then maybe.

Emma.x

The pattern that I have is for 2 needles I will let you know how I get on. I virtually finished the first one last night but is has come up too small so I have started again with larger needles. If it is a sucess this time I will let you know.

I'd really like to go back again next year - but still awaiting OHs final holiday dates :roll: But yes, I'll give you a shout - and bring you some wool! We did visit Quimper last time we came over - beautiful city! 8)

Yes, Quimper is beautiful. We are very lucky to be only 20 mins away. We are right in the middle of the country and love it, but to be able to nip in to Quimper when we feel like it is great. I have just read your fantastic blog. What lovely bags and amazing veggie patch. You must work SO hard

Incidentally, can you please tell me how to create a box using only a part of a previous message. I thought it was the quote button, but obviously not. Sorry!

Thanks Henriette!

To quote, click on the quote button of the post you want to quote and it will open a new post box for you. Then just start your message after (or before) the

boxes. If you only want to use part of the message, just delete the bits you don't want, leaving the
bits at either end. :D Hope that makes sense!