sadietoo

Foxwatch an update

Still no reply from e-mail I sent to foxwatch re the fox in our garden completely ignoring their device although correctly installed and working, so going on the attack tomorrow with a phone call.

This evening I set the Foxwatch as soon as the cat came in 8.30 ish (he hates it!) at 9.20pm a (young/adolescent) fox was standing on top of my eglu as bold as brass bathed in the security lights and completely unbothered...until we all went out and screamed at it...It leapt onto the shed roof (8ft) with grace and bolted over the end of the garden and the neighbours 6 ft wooden fence ...seems a pesky bit of high pitched squealing wasn't going to spoil his evening or the chance of a chicken dinner. :evil: Thank goodness my girls were shut away in the eglu and safe.

I shall be asking for my money back....I'll let you know how I get on. Fortunately Fantastic Mr Fox, restricts his visiting here to the hours of darkness, but my advice is if you are going out for the day don't leave your chooks unattended with anything less than electric fencing , and certainly don't trust the foxwatch to do the job.

We are having major fox problems at the mo too.

In fact I went outside yesterday morning to find that the little darlings had dug a 2 foot deep hole under my apple tree. :evil: I was worried they were down the hole as it went straight down and then veered off to one side and I couldn't see the end of the tunnel :shock:

They are basically causing more damage in my garden than the chickens ever have and it seems that citronella, human hair, mans wee etc does not put them off :?

I was going to get a foxwatch next month as well as a scarecrow (the one that jets out water) and have one each end of the garden.

Was also thinking of getting some prikka strips to put along the fence but it seems a bit pointless as they will still get in over the shed roof, next doors fence or the end of the garden.

Really am at a loss as to what to do now to be honest. Dread going outside every morning as I never know what damage they will have caused this time :x

We are having major fox problems at the mo too.

In fact I went outside yesterday morning to find that the little darlings had dug a 2 foot deep hole under my apple tree. :evil: I was worried they were down the hole as it went straight down and then veered off to one side and I couldn't see the end of the tunnel :shock:

They are basically causing more damage in my garden than the chickens ever have and it seems that citronella, human hair, mans wee etc does not put them off :?

I was going to get a foxwatch next month as well as a scarecrow (the one that jets out water) and have one each end of the garden.

Was also thinking of getting some prikka strips to put along the fence but it seems a bit pointless as they will still get in over the shed roof, next doors fence or the end of the garden.

Really am at a loss as to what to do now to be honest. Dread going outside every morning as I never know what damage they will have caused this time :x

Aw Jay that really is awful. Have you phoned the council about them? I have no idea whether foxes are classed as vermin or not but they might be able to help. That really is too much to put up with.

We have the exact same experience with the foxwatch - it seemed to work at first with some foxes that used to come into their garden (who disappearer). It doesnt seem to work at all now, with the cubs they left behind - who are young adults now - we also frequently see standing directly in front of the foxwatch, and on top of the chicken coop. I've wondered whether the ears of younger foxes operate on a different frequency in the same way that human teenagers and adults differ?

I've wondered whether the ears of younger foxes operate on a different frequency in the same way that human teenagers and adults differ?

Interesting idea, wonder how we'd find out :?

I've had some success with the fox watch deterring foxes from the garden (they were only coming in at night) but I need to get power laid to that area as I'm going through batteries :shock:

have you rung the makers direct.

They have replaced 2 of mine no questions assked.

It is my understanding that the fox watch should NOT affect cats but dogs & foxes, though if you search my postings you will see some 30 odd dogs take no notice,

It is a different frequency setting for cats ears, therefore I suspect it is faulty.

you could just send back to manufacturer askimng for a reeplacement and stating why.

If hte same thing happens let us all know please please please!!!!

Aw Jay that really is awful. Have you phoned the council about them? I have no idea whether foxes are classed as vermin or not but they might be able to help. That really is too much to put up with.

Council make it very clear that they will not do anything about foxes :evil:

This morning I had 2 lots of poo on the back door step, 1 on the chicken run roof and 3 more on the grass. Definitely fox and not cats.

I also had to clean up 2 cat poos from the grass.

Great eh??

Makes you look forward to getting up in the mornings :roll:

Thinking of trying out those scarecrow things that jet water out-any success stories with them?