Mel (& Paul)

the dangers of diy

There I was, all smug because Paul is such a wizz at diy :D and (he thinks) I am such a dunce :wink: . He's putting up trellis railings round our raised patios so that we can have a chicken poop zone and he had the day off today to finish it before some friends come for the weekend. I got back from work to find him with his right wrist bandaged :shock: - a nasty accident with a hand saw resulting in 5 stiches - ouch!! :shock::cry: I feel a spell as a nurse coming on - shame there arent any grapes around the chooks have had them all :wink: Lots of sympathy for my pour wounded soldier (blast it also means I have to do the cleaning this weekend too :evil:

He's still suffering - having to use his right hand for cutting up food (he just :roll: when I suggested cutting his food up for him. :wink: ) He is regularly watching cricket and drinking beer (purely medicinal of course :wink: ) I managed to slice a big chunk out of one of my fingers this mornign whilst chopping onions and nattering to a friend - nothing like his but I do have a big plaster :( on my finger (not that it stops me surfing the forum :D

Poor you both...no doubt he would say you did your injury on purpose to gain the limelight? Its strange how when OH injures himself its due to him having an unfortunate "accident" but if I ever get hurt, its because I'm "careless or clumsy"!! :lol::lol:

Will your injury prevent you from cooking tonight? 8)

Poor you both...no doubt he would say you did your injury on purpose to gain the limelight? Its strange how when OH injures himself its due to him having an unfortunate "accident" but if I ever get hurt, its because I'm "careless or clumsy"!! :lol::lol:

Will your injury prevent you from cooking tonight? 8)

more than likely.

I can just manage to get the gin and tonic open, but would be wary about any cooking, might be just a bit to hard for me........... :wink: