abwsco Posted October 21, 2009 Share Posted October 21, 2009 Youngest DD has been pecked in the eye by one of the chicks who was sat on her shoulder. I know it's happened to other people but can't find the threads. We've just been using a salt water wash. She says it feels funny but can see ok plus it's not as red as it was and she can't decide if she wants to go or not so DH thinks it can't be that bad. Should I take her to A & E Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted October 21, 2009 Share Posted October 21, 2009 If she's not freaking out i'd either go to the gp or to optition in the morning... Poor thing though what a shock!!!! Are her and the chick still friends??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 21, 2009 Share Posted October 21, 2009 Presumably it hasn't pierced the eye in any way, in which case the doctor would probably flood it with saline (as you have) and put a dye in to ascertain if any other damage has been done.......not sure if they'd be able to do anything else except drops as a precaution against infection.........and I'm only going on DD's treatment when she was little & sprayed Mr Muscle in hers If the eye has been pierced/drawn blood, get her to A&E asap........... Hope it settles soon & she still loves the cheeky chook...though I bet she didn't call it that Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 21, 2009 Author Share Posted October 21, 2009 Thanks both She still loves the cheeky chick but don't think she'll be allowing it on her shoulder sometime soon and yes being 17 she didn't call it that at the time! Eldest DD and boyfriend have gone out to get some Ben & Jerrys at her request so she says she'll decide after she's eaten some of that if she wants to go. Teenagers eh Sha, OMG at your DD spraying Mr Muscle in her eye Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 21, 2009 Share Posted October 21, 2009 Oh yes, never a dull moment chez Wild I'd been cleaning the TV screen, got distracted by the dog or phone put the bottle on the floor, she picked it up , looked at it & squeezed the trigger "aaaaaahhhhhhh mama" ........... fortunately I'd flooded her eyes with water before I dashed to A&E, which was just as well as I was sent to Worthing Eye Hospital 40 mins away rather than treated in Chichester .......Worthing's response was, "well you've done what we would do & there's no visible damage, so you can go home again" Even now, 6-7 years on, she sees a bottle of MM glass cleaner & says "that's what I sprayed in my eyes isn't it" Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 22, 2009 Share Posted October 22, 2009 I think I would take her anyway because if its scratched it can turn into an ulcer. A walk in centre or GP would check it if you cant face A&E. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted October 22, 2009 Share Posted October 22, 2009 Ben & Jerry's now that is my type of medicine! Hope your DD is ok. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 22, 2009 Share Posted October 22, 2009 I hope it's OK Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 22, 2009 Author Share Posted October 22, 2009 Thanks everyone. She says it's fine this morning. Will see how it is as the day progresses and take her along if need be. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...