AJuff Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 A week off!! I should be thrilled but there's still so much to do. I feel very sad that DS has flown off to Rome today on a choir trip and won't be back until late Tuesday. I feel bad because I couldn't take him to the airport as I was work. Work seems to compromise my family rather a lot at the moment. A work colleague died this week after a long illness and work has been very hard this week for all of us. I have paperwork everywhere and must sort it out and catch up on it. DS's teacher wants to see me after half term about his English and has left a message on the phone which alarms me!!! Next week I am heading south to my husband's family on my own with the kids as OH is working and that feels all wrong. I'm tired. I think I ought to sort out Christmas because once I get back to work it's full on until were there! I need to put the roof on the WIR and it may take some time . . . . I've kind of lost a choir friend as she's now in a relationship and I miss her to go out with. I'm a bit nervous about taking my Grade 1 piano in January and it's still ages away. I think a good nights sleep (after the Youth Group have gone home!) and I'll spring back to life in a positive frame of mind. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 Oooh, hope you feel better after a rest! Our half term is now over. Just got back from a few days at Butlins courtesy of the grandparents. Need to get the washing done then it's back to school on Monday! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 AJuff sometimes life is just too busy isnt it? Try & take one day at a time and if things dont get done then they dont get done. There is always tomorrow! Enjoy your time with your children over the half term Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 Mine broke up on Wednesday. Mr Griffin and I both have next week off work too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mags Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 Mine have been off last 2 weeks and go back Monday Mags Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 Just broke up too trying to get any jobs done over the first couple of days so we can have most of the week doing fun things! Trouble is my children don't agree on what fun things to do Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chookiehen Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 Ours were off a fortnight ago! All mine were ill for the whole week, which wasn't very good timing. Try and enjoy your week, especially any long lies you manage to fit in! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted October 24, 2009 Author Share Posted October 24, 2009 Woo Hoo, enjoyed a lie in this morning! Sorted lots of paper work out and shredded a tree over a cup of tea. Organised the children's homework so we can get it done over the weekend then forget about it!! Feeling much better, thank you omleteers. x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 Yay! It's good to write down & vent about things, so you can see exactly what need to be done & se progress, too. Are your children still changing their own beds & doing the delegated jobs you gave them a few months ago? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted October 24, 2009 Author Share Posted October 24, 2009 Oh yes. They are so settled in their 'jolly jobs' that they just get on with it. It has made my own life so much easier I wonder why I didn't do something earlier. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 good news Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...