Egluntyne

Ultrasonic contact lens cleaner.

It's Sauflon Multi:

main_im_acp_4.jpg

From the Sauflon site:

The fastest growing Peroxide system on the UK market.

Multi is quoted as being:

“The ultimate contact lens solution for non-compliant patients.”

• Cleans

• Disinfects

• Lubricates

• Stores

• Removes protein.

Claim

Virtually eliminates patient non-compliance (the major problem with all contact lens care regimes)

Evidence

“...Using the new Multi product means that the cleaning process will happen automatically, thereby providing a more reliable solution performance than relying on patients complying with instructions to clean their lenses digitally.”

Source: Independent Clinical Trial: UK University, November 1999 (data on file)

Claim

A genuine one step solution

Evidence

All the patient has to do is put the lenses in Multi overnight and then place straight into the eyes in the morning. Overnight the lenses will have been cleaned, disinfected and conditioned.

Claim

Multi, without a digital rub, cleans as well as a Multipurpose solution with a digital clean

Evidence

“...The results from this study indicate that the inherent cleaning action provided by the solution gives a similar clinical performance as a multi-purpose product for which a digital cleaning step is prescribed.”

Source: Independent Clinical Trial: UK University, November 1999 (data on file)

Claim

Multi cleans the whole surface of the lens not just the central portion

Evidence

Examine any lens on monthly disposable modality and where a digital clean is employed. Note the deposits on the edge of the lens. Even patients who conscientiously clean their contact lenses avoid the edge of the lens for fear of damaging the lens.

I was not a non-compliant patient! but this system is so easy. I really don't have to do anything except put them in fluid overnight. :D

You can see the grey disk in the bottom of the pot. You don't need anything else apart from what is in the picture.

I know Louise! But I am not giving up my lenses!

The disk in the pot neutralises the chemicals in 6 hours. In the morning, the fluid is just saline. I've been doing it for some years now and my eyes haven't changed, so hopefully it's all right.

Ginette, you've inspired me to look into trying lenses. I do like the sound of the monthly disposables. You obviously get on with them ok. I'm a bit short-sighted and only tend to wear my specs for driving, but I do think it would be lovely to see the rest of the world more clearly! :?

:D:D I love wearing lenses! Thank you Linda - it's nice to be an inspiration to somebody! :D:D

If you go to your optician and discuss it with them, they can probably give you some samples to try. Then you can see how you get on and whether the world is improved!

... the lady at Sp**s**ers was the first one to realise that my left eye is the dominant one, and that I needed to swap the distance and reading lenses to the opposite eyes. Improvement massive and immediate.

Do you mean they manage the varifocal business by putting different lenses in each eye? :shock: That sounds really weird!!

... the lady at Sp**s**ers was the first one to realise that my left eye is the dominant one, and that I needed to swap the distance and reading lenses to the opposite eyes. Improvement massive and immediate.

Do you mean they manage the varifocal business by putting different lenses in each eye? :shock: That sounds really weird!!

Sorry...no...I haven't expressed myself very clearly.I was talking about my monovision contact lenses. One for distance and one for reading.(Both worn at the same time. Your brain takes a little longer to get used to them, but once it has, they are smashing)

Someone else asked about varifocal contact lenses. My chum had them and said they were less than useless...she couldn't get on with them at all.

Sorry...no...I haven't expressed myself very clearly.I was talking about my monovision contact lenses. One for distance and one for reading.(Both worn at the same time. Your brain takes a little longer to get used to them, but once it has, they are smashing)

Someone else asked about varifocal contact lenses. My chum had them and said they were less than useless...she couldn't get on with them at all.

Egluntine, although yours aren't varifocal, as in original question, they are doing the same job. Which, I think Kannie & I both find amazing, one short distance, one long distance, one in each eye. I had heard of this before, but settled for long distance with reading specs to go on top.

But I'm intrigued to know that you find them successful, I wasn't sure that I could trust my brain to cope with the transition, and find it hard to comprehend the science behind it. I'm wondering whether to try that next time as I hate faffing about with specs on top of lenses every time I want to read a label.

Sheila wrote:

I hate faffing about with specs on top of lenses every time I want to read a label.

That was exactly my problem Sheila.

The monovision lenses do work, but as I say, it does take a bit to get used to them It really is worth persisting though.

I was advised not to drive any long distance in them until I was used to them. I would say it took about a month in total, although after about 10 days I knew I was getting somewhere.

Have a chat with your optician if you fancy giving them a try.

I use a solution which works in conjunction with the lens pot. The pot has a disk at the bottom which reacts with the fluid. I don't have to do any cleaning as such, just put the lenses in the pot and add the fluid. It is so much easier. :D I assumed everyone on monthlies would be using this system, but apparently not! :?

Am resurrecting this elderly thread.

Went to Sp*cs*v*rs to ask about the above system, as I am sensitive to their normal all in one cleaning stuff. Was given a trial pack of their own version of the above and its FAB. Dead easy to use, no sensitivity, no soreness or eyes streaming for 15 mins after insertion of lenses.

Well chuffed as they say.

Many thanks Ginette.

Good advice about contact lenses on a Poultry forum.

Who'da thunk it? :lol:

Good news Egluntine! I'm really pleased for you. :D:D

For me the best bit was not having to do the physical cleaning in your hand every night when you're tired and just want to go to bed. I love just putting them in the pot and leaving them to cleanse themselves. It must be more efficient too I would have thought!

:D:D

For me the best bit was not having to do the physical cleaning in your hand every night when you're tired and just want to go to bed. I love just putting them in the pot and leaving them to cleanse themselves. It must be more efficient too I would have thought!

:D:D

Absolutely!! Also I like the fact that it bubbles a bit. I feel that it's getting down to the nitty gritty.(!)

Thanks again.

That's what I love about this forum Sheila! I can learn so much from other people, just because we share our experiences. I have a much bigger pool of friends and contacts here than I do in 'real life'! :D:D:D