Guest revnev

Phil's CD-a-month club

I read in the RT that Nigel Short (director of Tenebrae) is being interviewed on R3 on Sunday evening at 6:30pm about their sudden rise to fame and popularity. Perhaps I should email in and mention the Omlet forum as a source of great publicity and marketing! :lol:

I'll be able to listen as I drive to church - we're doing a special service for Homelessness Sunday with the YMCA, the mayor and local councillors. :roll: It'll be a good chance to show them that we do need a new church hall (with decent toilets :roll::roll::roll: ). Maybe they'll consider our plans more carefully in the future - they turned us down AGAIN last autumn.

It'll be a good chance to show them that we do need a new church hall (with decent toilets :roll::roll::roll: ). Maybe they'll consider our plans more carefully in the future - they turned us down AGAIN last autumn.

I'll back you up on that!! That toilet is a relic from the dark-ages!!! I'd be surprised if you haven't lost a few parishioners down there... :wink:

8)

Phil

Yes, I knew that you would know what I was talking about! And you saw the size of the choir. For big services we rehe"Ooops, word censored!" for an hour from 5:30-6:30pm, leaving 30 minutes before the service starts. We have one revolting outside fridge of a toilet. Allowing a measly 60 seconds per person. it would take 45 minutes for us all to use the toilet! It's a good thing not everyone needs to go or the service would start about 20 minutes late! The queue happens in all weathers and is outside. During evenings in Lent, the lights are off as well so it is pitch black round there. Just not good enough and certainly not 21st century! I need someone in a wheel-chair to join - there's no way they could even get into the toilet. Then we'd have to get something at least!

It's not funny is it? I often wonder how people managed. Society was so polite you couldn't even sneeze in public. I end up remembering that they would have gone to church before eating or drinking anything if it was communion. Even so. it can't have been easy especially for the young or the old.

It's not funny is it? I often wonder how people managed. Society was so polite you couldn't even sneeze in public. I end up remembering that they would have gone to church before eating or drinking anything if it was communion. Even so. it can't have been easy especially for the young or the old.

We're always having little ones being taken outside - if they stand under the wrong window the whole Church can hear "but Daddy, I don't want to wee outside" :lol:

erm....... what was this topic about? :oops:

Allegri: Miserere :lol::lol:

Talking of which, when I got home from work today OH said "your CD came from Amazon, I've opened it". It WAS supposed to be his valentine surprise. :evil:

So now I am sat listening to it and browsing the forum! :P

PS It's very different from anything I'd normally choose to sit and listen too, but I'm convinced, Hallelujah is on now - beautiful!! Thanks Phil! :D