redfrock

Out of pocket

I have just had a shock having received my mobile bill. I couldn't understand why it was so dear. I've looked through and I have got a call charged at £9! It was to an 0705 number. This rang bells. It was when I was looking for new guinea pigs. I found an advert on the genuine web-site www.freeads.co.uk . I have advertised things on this site myself before. They list a phone number for you on your ad so that your number isn't published to the world... only it is not out of the goodness of their hearts. I have just found, as I scrolled down the page, the smallprint which you have to click on,- well and truly away from the phone number on the advert - only for it to state that calls are charged at 50p per minute!!!! :evil: The worse thing when speaking to the lady I decided I wasn't keen on her but couldn;t get her off the phone. I feel completely conned, and it is money I can ill afford this month. The thing is, it isn't her fault. She is probably as much in the dark as I was when I have advertised through them. Needless to say, I won't be doing so again

Just thought I should warn you all about these numbers