Guest revnev

The hills are indeed alive!

Just back from the Sound of Music.

the weather (high winds) caused traffic chaos - and meant our coach was late and we missed the first 20mins - but because so many were late they let us in - so we didn't miss much..

it was fantastic! well worth it - Andrew, you will love it! Look out for the slightly weird flying graveyard/mountain at the end!!

Connie was very good - as was the captain and Leisl. Mother Superior was Lesley Garret's stand-in and slightly warblier than I like - but she certainly went for it - we did climb EVERY MOUNTAIN!!

Phil

PS - one day the Germans will get 'em!!

So looking forward to going now after missing out on the Kylie gig.

Hopefully we won't have much trouble with transport on Monday night as we're staying not ten minutes walk from the theatre and we travel down on Sunday morning to meet with one of Joe's friends

I do hope that Connie and Lesley Garrett are performing tho, I think they are both great!

A

xx

So looking forward to going now after missing out on the Kylie gig.

Hopefully we won't have much trouble with transport on Monday night as we're staying not ten minutes walk from the theatre and we travel down on Sunday morning to meet with one of Joe's friends

I do hope that Connie and Lesley Garrett are performing tho, I think they are both great!

A

xx

Connie should be there - and LG (Thursday is her day off I think). The Captain has a fabulous voice - and I suspect you may think he is a bit of a dishy older man!!

I hope you enjoy it...

Phil

PS Ice-cream (delicious) £3 a tub...

Well back from the big city and the show was amazing!

Yup the hills/graveyard thing is very interesting but the sets are really good and Connie and LG were wonderful!!

Managed to cry just for one song, Eidelwiess, as it was my grampy's favourite song and he would have loved to have seen it - I cry without realising it though each time I hear it!!

and yes, the ice cream is really good, I note it is made in Llantarnam in Cwmbran, next to where Joe used to live in Cwmbran!

Bought the cast recording cd and already listened to it three times

So much to say about it - the children are ace - especially Gretel - to stand on stage on her own at one point and sing - so sweet!!

A

xx

Dan and I took the children to see this on Friday and it was fantastic, we really enjoyed it. The cast and the sets were stunning

We also went to see the Kylie exhibition at the V & A and that was well worth a visit :D

We tried getting into the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaurs but the queues were too long, which was a shame

All in all a very good weekend

We tried getting into the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaurs but the queues were too long, which was a shame

All in all a very good weekend

that's cos it was half term - queues for the science museum and the Nat hist museum are impossible for the whole week! (the V&A is usually still accessible - and much more interesting than you might think!)

glad you enjoyed the rest though!

Phil

It was awful :shock: but we are going to take the children to see 'Son of Dork' a band that Jules likes, in a few weeks so we are going to take them then instead

Emma, London is so hectic and tiring. It is nice to visit occasionally though, so much to see and do