Alison M

Meg is giving birth

Thanks Mel & Paul, Motherhen, SarahJo, Kate, Gina, Leigh and AnnieP. :D:D

Your kind thoughts honestly brought tears to my eyes.

Meg and her eight pups are so far doing fine. Meg is very tired and hot but I am giving her lots of TLC.

Thanks again it is very much appreciated. :D:D

Lots of licks,

Oh Alison that is lovely 8 little puppies I would love to see some pics but can understand you may be a little busy at the moment hope meg recovers soon and enjoys her new family.......... :lol: You may need a lie down too.

Hi Nicola,

Spot on. :D I did only manage to get three hours sleep last night but it was worth it. We now have 17 pets. 3 dogs, 8 puppies, 4 hens and 2 geese. I just love animals. :D:D:D:D Too excited to rest. :D:D:D:D

Take care,

Well done Meg, congratulations Alison! I think you must be almost as tired as poor Meg is! Do let us know when you've had the chance to post some pics, we'd love to see the little bundles! Brings back memories of when my two were puppies and too small to jump up the stairs! (now they can do the entire lot in about 3 bounds!)

So cute... :D So, come on then, how many are you keeping?!

Meg has had five boys and three girls. :D:D

What is all this about posting pics :?::?: I do not have the ability to do that. :oops::oops: Although my daughter has just bought a web cam, so perhaps in a few days Hayley might help me. :)

We are thinking about keeping one of the pups. (sorry Hayley and I are, don't tell OH). :lol:

Love and Licks

I've got a plan - your OH will be totally fooled :shock: . Give pup to me, I'll look after it for a couple of days until the rest are all gone (he'll be thinking 'blimey, she's done well, I thought we were going to end up keeping one' - therefore you gain extra brownie points :D ) and then I'll bring it back saying I don't think it's fair to keep it as we don't have the room (completely true - 2 Labs is enough for any house which isn't in the middle of the country!) and I'm really sorry but you'll have to take it back - TA DA! You get the keep the puppy, I get to coo over it for a couple of days and everyone's happy! :wink:

Ok...perhaps not... :roll:

Hi KateB,

We also have a yellow lab. :D He is a superb dog but with one major, seriously annoying problem. He moults terribly, I mean terribly. :(

I have tried various types of food, moult formulas, extra calcium, oil of evening primrose, cod liver oil capsules, but nothing seems to stop him moulting. :(:( Do you have this problem with yours, or do you know of anything else I could try. :?::?:

I know all dogs moult, (with a few breed exceptions), and we have had a lab before, but I do not know of another dog that moults like Alfie.

We took him to dog training last year, and if the weather was bad we went inside and used the college hall, I was so :oops: about all the dog hairs he shed. I did offer to brush up. :!::!:

I brush him about four times a week, but I have now been informed that too much brushing can make them moult even more :!::!:

HELP PLEASE IF YOU CAN :?:?

I brush him about four times a week, but I have now been informed that too much brushing can make them moult even more :!::!:

HELP PLEASE IF YOU CAN :?:?

ditto on our "Rags". The more we brush, the more she sheds....its horrible! Perhaps Trish could knit with it?

Hi,

I'm afraid to say that we seem to have invested in two labs and got a carpet for free! Funny that this has come up again actually because I posted on another forum if anyone had any ideas and the conclusion was er, no! My two are awful, awful, awful too - Bella in particular, all year round, especially around the scruff of her neck her hair will come out in handfuls with no pressure what so ever - Bonnie is slighly better but I don't know why, they are given exactly the same treatment! I have to hoover twice a day if I want the house to look reasonable and I swear my family think I live in a hovel as there is always a layer of dog hair everywhere and it's not because I don't clean!

I've recently had a kitchen delivered but they'd sent me some wrong doors and when the man came to collect them yesterday he said 'is this your hair all over the box or have you got dogs?' - I totally cringed too! :oops:

Fellow Lab owner understand!

And on the OH front, err, thanks for all your offers (it really is very kind offering to rehome your husbands) but I've got one man in the house and that's more than enough but thank you! The offer extends only to puppies.... :lol:

Do you have this problem with yours, or do you know of anything else I could try. :?::?

A 'Number 2' allover perhaps :wink:

Just caught up with this thread, and wanted to add my congrats again on the 8 new additons....Hayley might be able to take some 'stills' with the webcam, and if you email them to me I can put them into the gallery for you if you sturggle with the instuctions in the Posting Photographs Sticky.