foreveryoung

Oh My.................... FOXES

The last couple of days we have been awear that foxes are about more then normal lately! :shock:

They have been making a horrid noise and the last couple of nights it has woken us up! the last two nights however we have had to get up and let blue (our black lab) out to hopefully scare them away!!

as to the mornings I have been rarther nervouse about going to the run as wheather they have been got or not! luckly not!!

last night it sounded like they were soooooooooooooo close it was unbelievable!! it sounded like what I would discribe as a women being attacked! :shock::shock::shock:

I am hoping my girls will bw safe (the do get locked away at night but still a worry as they are cleaver lil ****! (the foxes that is)

has anyone else heard these horrid sounds?

Emma

x

Poor Emma - but the noise is the least of the problems.

If you have light soil, make sure that the Eglu run is firmly battened down all round, and that the Eglu itself either has a home-made skirt, or is surrounded by heavy slabs, or stands on slabs.

If the foxes live in your area and are breeding, you may have a family of six soon, so you will have to take a lot of precautions, especially when the mother is desperate for food.

I did see shown on this forum an extra piece of skirt that Omlet have produced to make the Eglu itself safer. I would have liked to buy one, but I couldn't find it in the shop. Where is it possible to get hold of it? It would be useful for keeping rats out too.

We have fields behind our house and the foxes have been very noisy recently. I like to keep the hens locked in the eglu so that we have 3 layers of protection (the eglu, the run and our big pen). Then I don't feel the need to rush into the garden at 3am to check all is OK! :roll:

I did see shown on this forum an extra piece of skirt that Omlet have produced to make the Eglu itself safer. I would have liked to buy one, but I couldn't find it in the shop. Where is it possible to get hold of it? It would be useful for keeping rats out too.

I got a second eglu a couple of weeks ago that came with this extra piece of skirt, it goes under where the bar goes that holds on the roof of the eglu. It might be worth asking Penny if you can order them. I would still put bricks or slabs around the skirt though, we have bricks all the way round ours.