Treekeeper Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 Anyone else watching this? I hate him the jammy dodger! Getting to spend so much time in my favourite place on earth! Oh well never mind I get to go back up for a week in July can't wait! Where is my lottery win so I can move to an uninhabited island in the Highlands and keep chooks live off the land etc.....Keep dreaming. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 I sooooooooooooooooooo fancy him I would absolutely love to live there. I'm thoroughly enjoying the programme and like you am incredibly jealous. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 Mingulay for me I read a book about it, the people who lived there and then eventually left at the turn of the last century when I was about 10 and decided that if I was ever a millionaire I would try and buy it I'm enjoying this series Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
C&T Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 I'm loving it. Very jealous of him - apart from the dead whale bit last night I didn't envy that bit at all!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jools Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 I find him a little irritating but I always watch anyway! I love the north west of Scotland, it's where I'd live - money and midges permitting. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Treekeeper Posted May 6, 2010 Author Share Posted May 6, 2010 I sooooooooooooooooooo fancy him I don't fancy him, being a large hairy man myself! I am however jealous of the life he gets to lead. I am going up in July to the Scorraig peninsula in the north west Highlands to celebrate OH's step Grandads 70th birthday there will be lots of dancing round bonfires and late night drinkies with the rather strange locals. I cant wait Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 im really enjoying this series - and I really enjoyed the last one too I just hope that he embraces the area a little bit more than he (allegedly) embraced the last one. when he went to applecross (I think thats where he went) apparently he stayed in a 5* hotel for a good part of the 6 month trip (admittedly, I would have done as well though) cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 Love this series and loved his last one too. I do find him annoying though, and also find it quite irritating that nearly everyone he meets up there is English! Apart from the ex ranger in this series I've yet to see him with a proper local. "Rubes" the dog is adorable. Anything showing the beauty of the scottish highlands gets my thumbs up. We are going to Harris next year for 2 weeks and cannot wait. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 Love this series and loved his last one too. I do find him annoying though, and also find it quite irritating that nearly everyone he meets up there is English! Apart from the ex ranger in this series I've yet to see him with a proper local. I suspect Fergus is local but public school educated as happens with these things Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted May 9, 2010 Share Posted May 9, 2010 "Rubes" the dog is adorable. Anything showing the beauty of the scottish highlands gets my thumbs up. We are going to Harris next year for 2 weeks and cannot wait. I loved the bit with "Rubes" and the piglets and his quote "your a tail with an idiot attached" he obviously adores the dog, you cant act like that if you are indifferent can you cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...