Raina Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 Hi all, I would love to let my girls have their First FR (They last FR in September) But there are a couple of plants/weeds/flowers that i'm not sure are OK if eaten. I don't know what they are called I've just got pictures of them! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kerryegg Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 I have masses of the green plant, first picture on the left and my lot wolf it down. mine seem to know what they should eat, love mint and sedum, but I think you are wise to check.There is a ' no ' list but you need to be able to identify the plants, something I am hopeless at. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 I have all of those in my garden, and the girls avoid them. I wouldn't worry too much Raina, they seem to avoid anything harmful. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
squidsin Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 Mine eat stuff on the harmful list. Hmm maybe that's why they're all a bit loopy...? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gelbel Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 My lot seem to know what they can and can't have - ie they did not even look at the daffodils. I'd recommend, though, that whatever YOU like and WANT to keep (chook safe or not) that you protect them. I put a chicken wire collar around my favourites - as, in the past, they fast became a favourite snack. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sjp Posted May 11, 2010 Share Posted May 11, 2010 sceound photo left hand side can't remember the name but it spreads like wild fire I've seen my lot eat when it's just coming through but not at the size you've got if you don't want it in the garden pull it up and put it in the green /brown bin. cant remember which colour Wallsall use for compostable waste Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...