red

Intervac

Just wondering if any of you have any experience of holiday house exhanges? We were wondering whether our quaint Devon cottage would have any bargaining power to secure us a s"Ooops, word censored!"y pad in the sun somwhere? Has anyone done it before? Was it a success? Any horror stories? :?

:think: I wonder if there is scope for OmletVac for UK holidays ... it would have the bonus of ensuring that both families had keen and willing hen-keepers to tend to their flock :wink:

Someone I used to work with does this too, she has swapped with about 6 or 7 different families and sometimes had a fantastic swap with a pool etc. other times just a like for like, and really enjoyed it each time :D

I think she even gets the cat looked after by the swap family :lol:

karen x

Most Americans I know don't walk across the road - let alone to the top of an 8 acre holding :roll: - apart from my cousin who has a few acres on the American/Canadian border - and three large husky dogs :lol:

I just don't like the thought of strangers in my house while I'm not here. I can only just manage it with family :?

We have thought about doing this.

Having a typical cottage in a tourist area like Henley means that I am sure we would get some good trades.

But, I find it a bit uncomfortable thinking about relative strangers living in my house & sleeping in my bed :?

I mean,what about your personal stuff .........stuff you don't want anyone else to see...do you bung it all in the loft?

Do you have to empty your wardrobes to make room for their clothes?

Maybe I am just overthinking it all :?:?:?

One thing I do know is that you need to be wary of people swapping thier second/holiday home,which may not have all the home comforts you would find in their main home

One thing I do know is that you need to be wary of people swapping thier second/holiday home,which may not have all the home comforts you would find in their main home

Yes we have heard that if your doing it then it is best to make sure you do a simultaneous swap with someone's main home because it makes each family more respectful of the other person's home whereas if you are basically staying in their second home but they are staying in your main home then they may not have quite the same level of respect so that's a good point you raise.

We also don't like the thought of strangers in our home but were wondering whether we ought to lighten up a bit :roll: