mark_lowe Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 http://www.flickr.com/photos/52285802@N04/ any ideas?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 I'd say hes a frizzle Pekin cockerel. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 Beautiful but can't comment. How old is Perkin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mark_lowe Posted July 21, 2010 Author Share Posted July 21, 2010 5 weeks old friday, l hope its a cockerel, so its a perkin? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 Defiantly a cockerel, I'd descibe him as a Blue Frizzle Pekin Bantam Cockerel. Perkin? Do you mean Pekin..? Welcome to the forum, by the way! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mark_lowe Posted July 21, 2010 Author Share Posted July 21, 2010 yes I do, lol Thank you oh great! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 Hes very beautiful, lucky you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mark_lowe Posted July 21, 2010 Author Share Posted July 21, 2010 My hen got broody and got given a few eggs, so this as been new to me lol, I mean 6 weeks old ive just double checked Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 What sort of poultry do you keep? Where abouts are you from? I've just hatched four light sussex under my broody Pekin, but she was smooth, the one that you have is a frizzle, and they are beautiful. How many chooks have you got? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 I had to come and search fotr this thread because Christians locked the similar one bu tput a wrong link up Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 Thanks Bronze. Link now fixed Since you looked so hard for the thread what are your views on the bird? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mark_lowe Posted July 21, 2010 Author Share Posted July 21, 2010 lol, l hope sombody knows what it is Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 Sadly my computer wont let me see the pics or I'd venture a guess If it has feathery legs and frizzly feathers its probably a Pekin, if it has fluffy legs and frizzly feathers then it probably has silkie breeding, if its clean legged and frizzled then its maybe a pure bred Frizzle Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mark_lowe Posted July 21, 2010 Author Share Posted July 21, 2010 this is my other chick, same age, Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 I had to come and search fotr this thread because Christians locked the similar one bu tput a wrong link up I will hang my head in shame Bronze. No pay for me today. Thanks to Redwing for fixing the link for me. I think Frizzle pekin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 I think you meant this one It's Disco Stu's cousin Redwing Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted July 22, 2010 Share Posted July 22, 2010 after all that I can't see the picture Redwing thanks for fixing it you're a busy man Christian dinnae worry Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 22, 2010 Share Posted July 22, 2010 How about a sultan, Silkie cross she's very pretty Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mark_lowe Posted July 23, 2010 Author Share Posted July 23, 2010 thank you everyone! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...