craftyhunnypie Posted July 22, 2010 Share Posted July 22, 2010 Arrrgh. I've chipped one of my lower front teeth. It has a teeny corner missing off it & I don't know how I've done it. It just feels a bit sharp. I don't want to go the dentist as I had perfect teeth until this & not due there until Marc. Is there anything I can do myself, or will it naturally wear down? Emma.x ( The daft fool). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 22, 2010 Share Posted July 22, 2010 I chipped my lower front tooth a few years ago, but quite badly - they built it up again - its come off once (in my sleep of all things!) they just replaced it. Was unloading a straw truck at the farm + someone dropped one on my head and chipped my upper 2nd front tooth but wasn't too bad + its just worn down on its own Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted July 23, 2010 Share Posted July 23, 2010 You should get used to the feeling of it over the next few days, and it will wear a little over time to be comfortable. However, if it is catching or making your mouth bleed I'd go to the dentist. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted July 23, 2010 Author Share Posted July 23, 2010 Oh it's really tiny tiny & unless I told you, you wouldn't notice it. It's not catching on anything, just feels wierd. I'll see how it is after a week or so then. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted July 23, 2010 Share Posted July 23, 2010 It always amazes me how something so little in your mouth (ulcer, chipped tooth etc) can feel so HUGE! Hope its okay now. Just don't make your tongue too sore touching the chip all the time (its the sort of thing I do ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
donald Posted July 24, 2010 Share Posted July 24, 2010 Hi I chipped a front tooth and paid £50 to have a nice bit added on it was really cosmetically brilliant then it fell off the next day so I got a refund. I got my nhs dentist to file it down and its been fine. My son walked into a door at school and same thing he got a bit added and fine. Mine annoyed me as it was just sharp but glad to have got it rasped! took all of a minute by the dentist. Donald Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rachelk Posted July 24, 2010 Share Posted July 24, 2010 My daughter did this too last weekend. I spoke to my dentist (whilst having a wisdom tooth out, but thats another story!) She said that they could file it down if necessary, and if its sensitive at all, rub some 'sensitive teeth' toothpaste into it for about a week or so afterwards. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted July 25, 2010 Author Share Posted July 25, 2010 Hubby has offered to get his Dremel out! I'd have a go at filing it down myself if I had the right tool. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 25, 2010 Share Posted July 25, 2010 erm, DIY dental work really isn't a good idea. I don't want to scare you but you can get an infection in your heart via your gums, one slip with the file and... The dentsit will just file it for you, I'd go if i were you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted July 25, 2010 Author Share Posted July 25, 2010 Will just have to grind my teeth a bit more! It's the tiniest of chips. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...