jam

What to feed cockerels?

My my pekin cockerels are 18 weeks old this weekend, so im going to start changing their food from growers soon. Ive heard that cockerels should be fed on mixed corn, but it doesnt really sound like enough to keep them going. Is this right?

Assuming you keep the boys with the girls you'll find the cockeral gives away any nice morsels to the ladies anyway, so there's no way I could give my boy wheat or corn without the girls eating it all :lol: So, he eats what they eat - layers and free range grubs.

My pekin cockerels are girlless im sorry to say :( just them two togther after we had a big move around the other day, so would it be ok to feed them on layers?

My other braham cockerel whos got some girls eats layers pellets, but thats because it cant be avoided!

yes im going to keep them. Harry Houdini is a millefleur so im planning on getting him some girls. Steve mcqueen is a colour cross so ill never be able to sell him, plus hes gorgeous so i wouldnt want to anyway. he s going to end up living with any girls from my next hatch, but that wont be until ages... so im not really sure what to do, because i cant give harry some girls and leave steve on his own, but i dont have enough room to get enough girls for both boys to share, and have all the girls from my next hatch. So im at a bit of a dilema. I guess ill have to cross that bridge when it comes to it :)