Well, I was only supposed to get a WIR. But the company have been closed over the weekend and then I found a bargain on eBay, so I'm now getting a Cube with it too! It all arrives on Thursday so I'm really excited! I can now get three ex-batts instead of two, and then I'll be able to sell my Classic to fund some of the latest cost (after all the intros of course).

What I need now is some advice on enriching the WIR a little. I'm already minded to add in some perches and a shelf/table (as much to make sure at least one part is dry as anything else) - but what else do you have?

As the run is on slabs I guess I'll need to add a dustbath - what is the best way of doing that? Mine currently have some play sand in a kitty litter tray, but the girls haven't been anywhere near it as they prefer my flower beds!

I won't have tarps on the sides, at least to start with, so would it be wiser to use woodchip rather than Easibed (WIR has a roof)?

Excited excited excited!

Steve

I use a couple of old tyres with a n old thick plastic compost bag at the bottom and then some dry soil - they love it!!! I also use branches for them to perch on which they seem to like. Floor is wood chip a £7 bag covers the WIR twice, so cost no too bad.

IMG_1239.jpg just can't seem to get the hand of this photo posting!!! :oops:

p.s. Plum how on earth do you keep your wood chip so clean, or do you only take photos when you've just cleaned them out????? :wink: