MedusA Posted September 6, 2010 Share Posted September 6, 2010 Yesterday was our branch honey show and some of us novices were "persuaded" to enter the novice class. Imagine my surprise when I went back after the judging to find not only had I got a card, but it was FIRST PRIZE!!! I was not expecting to get anything. Very chuffed indeed. Needless to say I have thanked my bees profusely. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted September 6, 2010 Share Posted September 6, 2010 What lovely clear honey Well done Is it Balsam, do you think? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MedusA Posted September 6, 2010 Author Share Posted September 6, 2010 What lovely clear honey Well done Is it Balsam, do you think? Thank you. No I don't think it can be Balsam, OSH. I think I extracted it before the Balsam started flowering. As far as I know it's multi-floral from garden flowers, but there are a lot of lime trees in our area so probably a lot of that in the mix too. I think the clarity is just that it was all lovely new comb and I followed the book to the letter in the extraction process, it being my first honey harvest. My prize was a ticket for 2 to go to the National Honey Show next month. Oh, and 50p in prize money! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Peaches Posted September 6, 2010 Share Posted September 6, 2010 Congratulations! I'd be very chuffed too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sheilaz Posted September 6, 2010 Share Posted September 6, 2010 Well done! That's marvellous news, your honey looks delicious. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted September 6, 2010 Share Posted September 6, 2010 Wow - well done! It's our Honey Show next weekend, and I'm dithering over whether to submit any - there is a class specially for beginners. I only have about five jars left, I was really hoping to get another crop but that's not going to be. I am not sure if any of the jars I've got are going to be good enough. I might enter a honey cake though - there's a class for that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted September 6, 2010 Share Posted September 6, 2010 Congratulations! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daphne Posted September 7, 2010 Share Posted September 7, 2010 yes - very well done Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted September 10, 2010 Share Posted September 10, 2010 That is awesome, well done Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted September 13, 2010 Share Posted September 13, 2010 Well done! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...