Angie Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 I have been reading my new Prac Poultry and scanning through the forum Before i start the housework. (dishwasher already on.) I know about the "Morehen disease" and i think i should warn you that i think ALL of us have contracted this new virus HeN1. And the worst of it all is, i don't think We will ever recover from its effects. And i don't want to recover yet anyway Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tiggy Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 you had me going for a moment, I thought yet another horrid bug about Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WarrensWorld Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 I know I've caught it, just been out in the pouring rain to give the chooks pasta and sweet corn. Eileen says she has it too. She gives them extra bedding and tucks them in at night that's after she gives them some grapes........... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 I only got my 1st 4 girls this August and I can feel the Hen1 virus creeping up on me. Each day it's getting worse. I will have to find a cure I know more hens Don't tell the OH he may have a hissy fit. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jackie45 Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 I have got it as well. waited in for the postman deliver mealworms. I have hidden the mag in case OH reads it and recognizes the symptones. Jackie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 Not to be confused with H1N1 my patients would have nervous breakdowns if I mentioned this virus Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 I've had this since a week after we bought our first Eglu and two hens......then went to buy one more hen.....but bought two........and then had to get another Eglu (pre-forum days, I thought I needed one Eglu per 2/3 hens ) ......... and ended up with ten hens............. My signature tells the rest of the story - we have a 'few' more Eglus now..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 Lot of eglus to clean - do you do them in batches or all together? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 erm.......all in one go in a production line! - and it takes two hours with a power washer! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angie Posted October 28, 2010 Author Share Posted October 28, 2010 You see it is very contagious, but can go into remission between 3 yrs and 17 yrs but then it returns. I don't think i will have any remission yet ,as the WIR comes tomorrow and i will be looking at a couple more girls for the cube. I am trying desperately to follow the instructions and Take actions now...... 1) Avoid going outdoors......I have to go outdoors...i do dream of more space and wellies with chickens on them, 2) I love visitors who like to visit with my chickies and feed them treats with me, 3) I can't turn off the computor as i use it for much more than checking out Chicken web sites. 4) I have tried hypnosis, but i just think of what my chickies will have for tea and if the cube needs a good clean. 5) And no one has the number for the NHS Direct help line for the HeN1 Squad... i have searched the Poultry web sites thoroughly and it is not on any of them....... Honest!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted October 28, 2010 Share Posted October 28, 2010 I've had this since a week after we bought our first Eglu and two hens......then went to buy one more hen.....but bought two........and then had to get another Eglu (pre-forum days, I thought I needed one Eglu per 2/3 hens ) ......... and ended up with ten hens............. My signature tells the rest of the story - we have a 'few' more Eglus now..... Do you jet wash them every week Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 29, 2010 Share Posted October 29, 2010 splutters water all over keyboard! Most definitely not!! We empty the poop trays and nest boxes into a wheelbarrow every week or so, depending on time of year but the full wash is only done every couple of months. When we just had one or two, they were cleaned every few days Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted October 29, 2010 Share Posted October 29, 2010 Blimey you must be up to your eyes in poo I will stick to one thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken shack Posted November 6, 2010 Share Posted November 6, 2010 Loved the article. I bought a mug and shopping bag with images of chickens before I got my girls Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jam Posted November 7, 2010 Share Posted November 7, 2010 That article pretty much sums it up for me- especially the 'writing a list of breeds to get' part (its not like i've written it on my signature or anything ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...