Bramble

Weight Watchers Pro Points

Hi - I've just changed over from SW to WW Propoints. It's fab! I lost 2lb this 1st week, which I'm pleased about as was a bit stuck for ages, even though as good as gold.

It is easy & there are pick & mix pages of ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert & snacks - just incase you can't be bothered to look stuff up. I would stress that you will need to write everything down - or else you will lose track of your 49 extra slush fund propoints. These are brill - as I ate out last week, had alcohol & even a pie & pie supper - plus birthday cake! :shock: I used them for my treats that couldn't be avoided.

I'd also recommend the shopping guide & the calculator definitely. The wheel thingy you get in the folder to work out points is really faffy. I bought the essentials kit containing calculator, shopping guide, eating out guide etc.

Oh & the chocolate orange dark chocolate whip bars are to die for! I find it easier to eat out & go friends houses on WW.

I'm on 29 propoints a day - plus 49 extra per week. They go a long way & I still enjoy things I love like crumpets, teacakes, cadburys mini rolls, wine & Baileys. :dance:

Emma.x

Wow, thanks for all that Emma, you sound very keen!! I've done SW, but to be honest, didn't have much success with it (think I took the words "free food" a bit too literally). Do you go to class (I'm too embarrassed/ashamed :oops: , so thinking of doing it online, but would love to have the books etc - I ought to go just to collect those if nothing else).

Thanks for the info and good luck with your new regime!!!

Go the class! I thought the same - as I went on my own. But it was really nice & everyone is there for the same reason. I bought a monthly pass which works out cheaper. You get a little magazine each week too with recipes & inspiration in. Nice recipe for a chocolate cherry roulade. Can you tell by now that I'm a chocoholic & like my puddings? :lol:

Please go the class - why pay just to use a computer? :wink: Someone will talk to you - I guarantee it & you'll come out buzzing... I did! :oops:

Good luck.

Emma.x

Personally,I prefer to do it online.

The parking at my meeting is a nightmare (baby & mum group at the same time :roll: ) & its not on a convenient day.

I also didn't like the big crowds of people,queuing up to get weighed. My leader also had no time to speak to me without someone else butting in - I never felt that I had her attention fully.

Also I really liked the convenience of having it all on my computer. I think you have to pay more for esource when you go to meetings,but I am not 100% on this.

The online tools are great (or they were for the old plan anyhow),& make it really easy to plan out & stick to your regime.

Hi

am doing it too. :D Started officially on the propoints plan Saturday and so far loving it. :dance:

I have been doing WW on and off for over 10 years, mucking about the past few months trying to get motivated and back into it without success. I am liking the new prop points because its different and think thats what I need as so bored with old WW discover plan.

Have tried SW in past but like you couldnt get on with it and never lost.

My own scales are showing a weight loss for me so far which am megga delighted with. :clap::clap::clap:

The class I normally go too was beseiged so have switched now to another one, which is quieter as hate crowds and queuing :lol::lol: although in all fairness dare say probably been busy due to the new launchand will quieten down soon.

One thing would say if you do try WW propoints get the calculator, its so fiddly to use the cardboard one that you get free. Or if you have a iphone there is an app that you can use, just needs a bit of modification. Let me know if you want details.

In summary, 5 days in and think its brill. :D:D:D

Thanks for the replies! Ideally, I'd like to go to a class, register, get the info, and then scarper before having to be weighed etc! The trouble is, there isn't really a class that I could go to without driving MILES. Think I'm going to get the WW mag tonight, see if there's much info on what the new plan is like, then make a decision as to whether to do it online or try a class, just to get the info ...

(Alternatively, I could just wire my jaws shut ... :think: )

I'd done just 5 weeks on the old Points and had just got used to them - I'm now on my second week of P Points and I'm quite happy with it all - except the rubbish wheel thingy.....I'm sure theres' something wrong with the fibre element on it but I don't use it anyway.

I go to my meeting because it follows on from my Aquafit class at the leisure centre and I'm already out and parked in the right place. I went on my own and everyone was just so friendly. My sister attends a different meeting but she now comes with me on a Monday as well as she also comes to the Aquafit class, she doesn't weigh in on Mondays though, she goes to her Thursday group for that. She's finding it a bit more difficult to change over from Points but she's enjoying it.

I'm not interested in WW ready meals food and don't use sweetener or low fat spread...........no problem as I use the eSource online tools, especially Recipe Builder. I just have what I would normally but I Weigh"Ooops, word censored!"cherise all our recipes (and print them out for OH who does most of the day to day cooking - he's adapted really well :D ) I do buy the WW crisps and some of the choccy bars which I think do have sweeteners in - the writing is too small for me to see - but they were just in case of emergencies and I don't really eat them, I have managed to break my chocolate cravings by doing the Harcombe plan earlier in the year.

There was a lovely new cookbook at this weeks meeting Hearty Home Cooking :D

I dont use the card wheel either, its just too fiddly to use. I have the calc too which is nice and small and pretty easy to use. :D

On day 6 now, and still loving it, and seem to have done far more cooking than normal which is a good thing. Using up lots of my lovely eggs :lol: , making soups and eating lots of fresh fruit and veg.

I wont be weighed though till Tues which will make it a 10 day week for me this first week (have changed my ww group and leader). :lol::lol::lol:

I HOPE I get a weight loss. :dance:

I've been on the ProPoints just over a week. Lost 2lb the first week. I'm now 7lb under my goal which I hit a few weeks ago.

No problems with parking at my meeting as I cycle to it !!!

Bought a new calculator this week as the "wheely thing" is a bit rubbish.

Trying not to use any of the extra 49 weekly allowance points.

Not noticed any real difference in the old system or the new system other than I'm having to calculate points for items of food which I'd previously learnt.

I do like the "zero points" in fruit & most veg, had homemade veg soup for lunch today, nil points.

there is a bit of information in the latest mag Bramble, i have finished with my copy if you want it will gladly post over to you :D . PM me your address. xxx

That's really kind of you, DD, but I managed to get one on my way to work, so I'm going to study over the weekend and see what's what!! thank you very much for your kind offer!!! :D

I'm doing it online too...Not sure if I'll stay the course calculating points after a couple of months, but am hoping that the kick start into a more conscious eating pattern will be useful. Being alone here during the week, and often with no gap between afternoon and evening meetings I'd got into the "Stick something processed into the microwave way too late at night" trap and this together with 6 weeks of inactivity thanks to a broken arm (for which kind people brought me chocolates as a cheer up) has had a truly alarming effect on my size.

But I'm enjoying rediscovering proper food and am hoping that by keeping well within my allowance Monday to Friday I won't have to cause too much disruption when the family are around in the holidays...The dog is excited as walks are longer when I'm thinking about acquiring activity points too :)

I have signed up online today too.

Just a quick question for online users....

I like to have a glass of wine & would like to take it from my 49 extra points a week,but can't see how...it automatically takes it from my daily allowance.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I thought that maybe it takes it from the weekly points once you have used up all your daily points...is this correct?

Is there a formula to work out how many daily points I'm allowed (or is that classified information!)?

SOOOOOOO want to lose weight, I've done it before and was actually thin for a while, but I'm definitely not thin now, just want to be. How come sometimes I can get into the "diet zone" but most of the time I can't?

I have signed up online today too.

I thought that maybe it takes it from the weekly points once you have used up all your daily points...is this correct?

Exactly that. The extra 49 starts to get eaten into once you've consumed your maximum daily amount. I find the tracking online of my food to be so easy.

The only thing I hate about using ProPoints is that skimmed milk used to be zero points and now it's not. I've used skimmed for years and have it on my bran flakes and in my mugs of tea. Now I don't particularly want to have to account for it in my tea so I've started drinking more coffee instead. My tea has milk & two sugars but my coffee is always black with one sugar so in a way it is better for me :roll:

I did have online access too Cinamom but just used calc and books now. Less fiddling about. :D

How is everyone else doing ? and what do you think of new propoints plan ?

I honestly feel as though eaten too much and some days have had to force some food down just to use up my daily points. (why do I never feel like that when NOT dieiting :lol::lol::lol: ) as was told we HAD to use them up! :shock:

My plan for this week is to only use daily point allowance (and not force down more if dont want it!) so if under then so be it. !

If need more points will use any activity points earned first and leave the weekly points alone and not use if can help it.

See how long can stick with it. :lol::lol::lol::lol: