WitchHazel

Spam (spiced ham, not junk mail)

Never tried it. Looks too...pink and artificial, and I just can't bring myself to eat it.

DH, however, is quite a fan. As a birthday present from the Girls (and Cats), I got him Margeurite Patten's Spam cookbook, http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780600620471/Spam-the-Cookbook and a catering pack of 10 tins of Spam.

The book is lovely, well worth the £4.19 it cost. I wish I could take Spam seriously as an ingredient, because there are lots of recipes in it. But everytime I look at the photos, I just want to burst out laughing.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you - or someone you love - area Spam-fan, then it's a worthwhile treat/stocking filler.

I hate to say that Spam is a guilty pleasure in this house. Sliced and fried and put between 2 pieces of cheap bread. The only way that I can eat cheap bread. It goes against all of our principals, but we do keep a tin in the fridge (so that we can slice it easily) for when we have no bacon in the house and we have an egg glut. :oops:

Then this book is for you.

Party foods include:

Spam, Apricot and Coconut balls; Spam fondue; Savoury cheesecake, Spam kebabs; Spam porcupine (a spammy version of cheese and pineapple porcupine)

Also Thai Spam Cakes, Spam Goulash, Hawaiian Spam, Spam steaks in Port wine

Spam Scones

Spam fritters (that reminds me of school, and that - I think - is what started my Spamantipathy)

How can you resist?

Wow, sounds like
.... "Spam, spam, spam, spam, eggs and spam"... :lol:

That's in this book as well.

And some SPAM poetry.

Along with some fascinating facts, such as:

In Korea, SPAM is sold in stylish presentation gift boxes with 8 cans in each one.

Also saw a a recipe for Deep Spam Pizza as I flicked through just now.