sari

Our First Egg!!! **Update!**

Patty Bouvier, my light sussex, has laid her first egg....small but perfectly formed! She's been scratting around in the nest box for a few days now, and the food has needing filling up more frequently....and I opened my bag of Omlet feed this week....co-incidence?? :?: Hope fully the legbar and leghorn will get jealous and follow suit now....but I'm just pleased to have an egg..it's sitting on the gas fire in a little box.....Maya wants to admire it, until her sister comes in from rehearsals...then they're going to eat it, apparently!! I can finally hold my head up...and flick the V's to all the people who have been mickey taking about my lack of eggs..... :shameonu:

Edited by Guest

I did an egg dance..and another today, as there was a slighter taller, thinner egg today!! Hoorah!!

Thanks for the symps about the fire..it was small but scary! I did a small fire dance, as I hopped up and down, wondering how to get a flaming microwave out of the house....luckily I grabbed the bear and dunked it i the sink...it was fine....phew!

I'm so pleased, as I didn't think Patty had laid yesterday, as I know they don't lay everyday, and she's a newbie...and I also cleaned the eglu and run etc..so thought that might have put her off...not sure how that all works, being a Newbie myself! But OH reported a LOT of squawking this morning, and as we have a problem with foxes and mega cats, I always rush out to fend them off....I didn't see anything, so popped in to see the girls, check the waters etc...I looked in the nesting box....and there were 2 eggs....1 brown, 1 white! So Florence has started laying now.....hopefully Gert will soon, as she looks a bit miserable...maybe getting ready?? SO egg on toast for me at lunchtime!! :clap::dance:

Glad they are getting into the swing of it. I remember feeling slightly odd eating the first egg as I knew the hen that had laid it. Got over that now though. :lol:

Bet the fire was scary. Glad no one was hurt. :shock:

Weel, it's taught me to read the instructions of things now.....the kitchen smelled of smoke for over a week, despite repeated washing and spraying....yuck. But we were all fine, YD had asthma and panic attack..as she put the microwave on...poor lamb x x