beach chick

happy as larry...

whoever larry may be! my omlet fencing came today, so have just put it up (following tips from fellow omleteers, and let the girls out - their first freedom for a week!

took them 5 minutes to leave the run, and about 5 seconds to get stuck in!

I have just spent an hour and a half out there watching them, and trying to bribe them with omlet corn to come near me. they went mad for the corn (is is drugged?), but Tara (boss chook was the only one who would come anywhere close).

I have put the fencing in a big circle round the eglu, so it includes sun and shade, plus grass and a variety of long grass/weeds and bare earth. Tara and Chardonnay have been stuffing their faces, while Mercedes built a lovely dust bath which Paris is now trying to share - cue lots of "I was here first, I made it" type squawks.

ate my sandwich in the run with them (how sad am I?!) and treated myself to large glass of red wine as reward for having got kids to school, done supermarket, been riding and then built a chicken run...

"Happy as Larry" comes from the ex Autralian Boxer Laughing Larry (not sure of his surname) he used to fight with a smile on his face even when getting beaten up....I really am a mind of useless info!

Anyway more to the point...that is a hell of productive day!

"Happy as Larry" comes from the ex Autralian Boxer Laughing Larry (not sure of his surname) he used to fight with a smile on his face even when getting beaten up....I really am a mind of useless info!

Thanks for that I LOVE useless facts, hubby thinks I am sad :oops: