the power

8 weeks losing hope

I have had my chickens for 8 weeks now. Betty the pepperpot started laying after 6 weeks, however hettie the ginngernut ranger is showing no signs of laying. Her comb doesn't seem to be growing, she isn't squatting etc etc. Does anyone have any advice or do I have a dud chicken?

I'm sure she isn't a dud :lol:

Shirley took nearly 3 months to start laying. She was much younger than the other 2. Now she is the only one laying! :roll:

Her comb grew in what seemed like a couple of weeks from a few spikes to a 'proper' comb.

When she starts sqatting, you are nearly there!

I have had my chickens for 8 weeks now. Betty the pepperpot started laying after 6 weeks, however hettie the ginngernut ranger is showing no signs of laying. Her comb doesn't seem to be growing, she isn't squatting etc etc. Does anyone have any advice or do I have a dud chicken?
Oh don't you worry her time will come! :wink: My Mavis didn't start laying for months and now she's my best layer :D I think one of KateA's took about the same time or even longer :wink:

Thanks for your thread on Betty. I have been wondering because its six weeks now and Peri still hasn't started. I mutter "chicken soup" occasionally :wink::lol: but she knows I'm not serious because she always gets a fuss off me when she comes into the eglu when I collect the others' eggs.