scarlettohara

News on Bimble .. **New pics

I have 7 quail eggs in my incubator :lol:

how on earth did that happen?!

Someone told me recently that quail smell - has anyone else found that :think:

well they do a bit. but I think it might be because you have to get so much closer to the ground to pick up an egg (if they lay :x at all)... prob no worse than chickens though really!

Not a great pic as they were ready to sleep after their long journey :D I now have 4 Italian quail and 3 Japanese, Bimble is very pleased with his new siblings :dance: Will get a better pic tomorrow, I bought them home in a box on the snugglesafe and they stayed lovely and toasty :)

2mw5ev7.jpg

And I thought one was loud :lol:

He's like a kid in a sweetshop, can't decide who to be best friends with :lol: Quail chicks are all or nothing - one minute they are bombing around, dustbathing in their crumb and paddling in the water. The next minute they are flaked out in the middle of the brooder as if dead :lol:

They are brilliant - so funny :P Bimble is the smallest so easy to keep track of, every now and then they sort of take off and propel themselves backwards. They are happy to be handled as well and will come and peck your fingers through the bars :) I will definately take some decent pics tomorrow when I finish work.

Sara, wish I'd seen this before :doh: ...I adopted my two "first borns" with Blossom my bestest broody Pekin...she was delighted if a little bemused at Boris (boy) the tasmanian devil which suddenly appeared in her skirts a week ahead of when her own (dud) eggs should have hatched...........then the second Doug (girl) appeared as if by magic the next day!........I didn't name them, DS did & wasn't impressed at the idea of Doug becoming Doris once she showed her true colours :lol: .....she started laying her own eggs last week :clap:

Glad Bimble's happy with his/her siblings though :D

Sha x