Luvachicken

Has anyone bought the heavy duty cover ?

I was wondering if anyone has bought the heavy duty run cover for 18 pounds (sorry, only have a dollar sign) and if it is any good compared to the thin tiny thing that came with my cube.

Does anyone know if it fades as much as the other one, as I didn't have my original little shade for long but it looked as though I'd had it years. Also does anyone know if it shines in the sun - I really don't like the sun shining on things and blinding me from my kitchen.

I was thinking of getting one but not sure whether to just get another bit of plastic tablecloth........do they do it in lilac I wonder ......

I'm curious about this as well since I've been wondering what I will do when the original shade wears out which I fear won't be long in my hot, humid climate! Sounds like the heavy duty covers are a new product so perhaps no one has had a chance to test out how it wears yet!

We had excellent luck with using a heavy duty clear plastic shower curtain. This kept out snow and water and allowed warmth and light in. You can easily add extra grommets and you don't have to worry about color fade. The extra large fits well on the run. Ours went through snow, rain and heavy wind and looks just like new.

I had considered looking for some kind of heavy duty tarp when my original run shade wears out, but then I saw the heavy duty cover on the UK site. I thought it might be better since it is sized to fit the run and would already have the holes in the best spots. I can't imagine using a clear tarp or cover! It gets very sunny where I am, even in the winter. I'm afraid my chickens would experience sauna-like conditions!