I viewed A cube the other day at Jaime's in Stockport (he very kindly welcomed us to go and have a nosey !!) his was red in colour and was lovely. We are thinking of getting either a green or a purple cube. I had decided on purple the other day, but when I viewed a few people's photos on the gallery of their purple cubes it looked decidedly "lilac" :shock: ?! This really surprised me coz it looks quite dark purple in the brochure. Can anyone who has a purple cube tell me is it more lilac or is it dark purple ? Sorry if this seems trivial but I have 3 boys who wanted blue. I know I am a mean Mummy but EVERYTHING in our house and garden is blue !!!! and the hens are girls so I thought we could meet halfway and get purple. Which they have now agreed to. But if it was lilac they would never forgive me and I would go for the blue or green.

Thank so much for all your help. :D

Jilly.

x

Oh no Jilly you have no idea what you have started :shock:

Never ever ask for advice on colours :lol:

*Clears throat ready to shout*

PURPLE

Joking aside I would go for purple but we have yet to see a blue one in the flesh so to speak or a pink one :?

Shona are you there :doh:

I have to say I was disappointed that my cube was not a deep purple colour, but definitely on the lilac side. Here is a picture, showing the back:

yucca.jpg

I was hoping it would blend in better with the dark purple flowers in my garden. Instead it sticks out like something that has landed from Mars.

But I still like it. And it's going to be turned around and put further back at the end of the summer.

*comes running*

Sorry I'm late girls, the forum keeps throwing me off today!

*clears throat*

When it comes to colour choices, I'm your gal, Jilly.....

PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fantastic !! Thanks for your help and for the piccy's. But you are right and it does look decidedly lilac (although still gorgeous). Don't think the boys would forgive me ?! Has anybody got a piccy of a blue, pink or green eglu cube that they could post on here for me ? Sorry to be a pain. This is killing me coz every day I am not getting on with ordering it is another day to wait for it once I order. I want to start my new life with my hens ASAP!! I can't get them till I get my cube. :cry: Hubby getting very fed up with me keep asking him his opinion every 2 mins !! He just says get on with ordering it !! Your choice !! He just wants the hens not bothered what colour cube!!

Jilly

I don't think there have been any reported deliveries of blue cubes jilly :?

Best place to look is the welcome page and keep refreshing the page and you will get a different pic each time 8) The delivery guys have been taking promotional shots with the new cube owners and they are currently circulating there :wink: Must say I have yet to spot a blue one :?

My purple eglu def. looks darker than your cube Gallina - perhaps they've changed the shade slightly.

My next favourite colour of cube to orange is red then blue - its funny how I think the eglus and cubes 'suit' certain colours.

Jilly, reds a good colour for boys too, if you're fed up with blue :lol: .

Yes saw the RED CUBE when I went to have a nosey at Jaime's. It's lovely and my eldest wants a red one after seeing Jaime's but the middle one wants green or blue ? Thank goodness my 19 mth old toddler can't talk yet bless him !! Although he was rather fond of fiddling with the handle that makes the wheels operate on Jaime's. So that will be interesting "Alfie" proofing the CUBE for him !! LOL. Still no nearer a decision really. I think I will have to have 3 CUBES one green, one blue and one red !! There problem solved !! Wonder if they do a discount for buying in bulk ?!! :lol:

Jilly, the boys in my family insisted on getting a red eglu, and while i do love it, I've always regretted not putting my foot down and getting a gorgeous girlie pinky-pink one. So my advice is to ignore the pleas for a boring blue one, and go with the colour you want...Just don't tell them what colour you order, and by the time it arrives, and you have chickens in the garden, they won't care.. :wink:

Its great we all have different tastes and opinions - otherwise life would be very boring. I personally think the cube looks worst in pink - sort of too gimmicky and toy-like - and yet I love my pink eglu and have a bright orange cube :roll: - I can't quite figure out my logic, but as I said thats just my 'thing' :roll::D

Fee I really like the photos of your FAB orange one. I am surprised but it looks really good (not being horrid but its not a colour I normally go for!) But I have to say it looks really nice !! I think you are right that the eglu looks good in certain colours and so does the cube. I quite like the blue one now (can't believe I am saying that after all I said!)after seeing the photo on the home page. I think the pink one could look a bit OTT but then I will reserve judgement coz not seen one yet (and I am totally addicted to all things girly and pink !) Oh when will someone post a piccy of a pink one :?:

Jilly

Ps. Shona just laughing at the names of your hens. My son has cried to have Balamory on for the umpteenth time this morning (as a result I am losing the will to live as we speak!) He is 19 mths and dosent say much yet being the 3rd one, (the other 2 speak for him!!), but he could say Balamory before he could say Mama, believe me I'm not joking !! One of ours (when we get them) is being called Penny after Penny Pocket ! :lol: