Meganymoo

Indoor rabbit?

My rabbit has lived outside for three years now but I really want him to move into my room as a house rabbit so I can give him lots of attention and cuddles! Will it affect him if I bring him indoors? Pls help as I really want him to come inside! Also if he does come in and I let him out of a cage at least once every day what is the smallest cage I can keep him in? Thanks!

We've had our house rabbit for over 6 years and he's a darling. I couldn't imagine life without him.

He is litter trained (apart from the odd poo) and now has free run of the whole house all the time. He is never caged and only ever goes in there for food and toileting. Maybe we're just lucky but he never chews cables. If they get in his way he just gently picks them up and moves them.

I personally feel that you need to have as large a cage as you can possibly fit, if your bun is to be confined for any length of time.

Good luck with the transfer. I'm sure he'll be fine. :D

Really useful thread! I'm moving into shared accommodation with someone who keeps a house rabbit so it's great to know that they can be house-trained. I had read an article about litter training on rabbit.org but it's great to here reassurance from the horse's mouth!

On the this note, do they get distressed at all by the arrival of new people to their home?

Addendum: It appears that that rabbits don't get distressed, or at least this one didn't so far! Touch wood that'll stay the same :)