Space Chick Posted October 9, 2011 Share Posted October 9, 2011 Pull up a chair, this story will take a while, but I hope you enjoy. It is the story of a little red Silkie named Sue Sue had an interesting start from an egg, there wasn't enough room in the incubator as I ended up with 23 eggs instead of 20 so OH made an incubator using a water bath... When we candled at day 7, 2 of the 3 eggs we had put in the water bath were fertile Sue was one of them They were then transferred to the incubator when the clears were removed from there. Here she is when she first hatched What you can't see in this picture is that Sue has a very very interesting foot. Its almost is pincer claw... very intriguing. As Sue started to grow... her gender became more and more of an issue... she had a boyish hairdo but a girlie tail... The photos above were taken at 11 weeks old at 18 weeks, I became more convinced that Sue was a boy.. see these pictures... Well, I am pleased to report, I can now say aged 25 weeks, I can guarantee that the amazing Sue is a girl, she has laid me an egg I never thought I'd see the day.. I had convinced myself that Sue was an anomaly, a boy that never fully developed and never crowed. However, she is a girl.... and amazingly, also my first egg to lay me an egg... she's going to need to have words with her sisters I hope you have enjoyed the tale of Sue I loves her I do Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted October 9, 2011 Share Posted October 9, 2011 Lovely outcome - and what a lovely looking girl she is! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted October 9, 2011 Share Posted October 9, 2011 Lovely story, well done Sue Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lindafw Posted October 9, 2011 Share Posted October 9, 2011 as your mummy knows...Sue you are perfik just the way you are Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted October 9, 2011 Share Posted October 9, 2011 N'aww what a lovley story and a lovely happy ending too Yay Go Sue! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted October 9, 2011 Share Posted October 9, 2011 Brilliant news! I think I said she had a boys hair do but a girly comb. I'm so glad she turned into 100% girl I've got a four week old Silkie chick, showing no signs of being a boy or a girl yet Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted October 9, 2011 Author Share Posted October 9, 2011 Brilliant news! I think I said she had a boys hair do but a girly comb. I'm so glad she turned into 100% girl I've got a four week old Silkie chick, showing no signs of being a boy or a girl yet You did Griffin and so am I, as there were 2 really special chicks from our hatch... Sue because she started out incubation in the water bath, and Tasha as she needed to be helped out of the shell... I'm so glad that they both turned out to be girls Keep us posted on the gender of the 4 week old Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...