Leanne

cube delivery comfirmation?

My purple cube arrived at noon today and is now up and running. I have put the two new girls in it and the other three are stomping round the outside of the cube, puffing out their chests and being generally obnoxious. The new girls have both been up and down the ladder already and they both seem quite happy although I think the gingernut is a bit scared of the old girls. I will keep them separate for quite a while, which will be easy as the old ones can stay in the eglu at night and then put them in together when they have got used to each other. I must say I am delighted with the cube. I opted for the run extension and I am glad I did as it gives them plenty of space when they aren't free ranging. Omlet did really well. The cube only took 5 weeks from order to delivery and they rang yesterday to tell me to expect it at about noon and he was spot on. I hope everyone else with a cube on order has it so easy.

we had a slight hiccup with ours as there were no parts list or assembly instructions in the boxes, and i looked , looked again and looked again in case we had missed them but we hadnt- they were missing. ! However, Jan at Omlet very quickly emailed me a PDF of instructions which are printing out as I type, so hopefully my Cube will soon be assembled :lol:

Thanks. It is such a time waster. I keep going out to look at it. I am afraid I won't be putting any photos on as not only is my camera not working but I have absolutely no idea how to do it. I am a complete technophobe :oops: Still you have seen plenty of purple ones and to be honest they all look the same!!! It is going to be so much easier to clean out. I thought the eglu was quite easy but there is no bending down. Not sure about crawling in to put them to bed tonight - I am hoping as they have been popping up and down the ladder that they will manage it by themselves. :D Especially as it is supposed to be raining again later. Must go now - time to have another peek at them.

Dilly and Pumpkin were straight up the ladder and in the cube as soon as I opened it this evening to take some photos!

They looked a bit put out when I took them out and closed the door.

The cube is for my new flock

i had to help a couple of the girls go to bed in the end! the others managed ok though, clever girls!

heres my blue cube, its gorgeous isnt it? Ive put it inside a big wooden run that we have. Normally the girls free range but if i go out (which isnt often) they go in here for safety. The great thing is that as the cube is raised up they lose no floor space. My garden backs onto fields and its fiercely windy sometimes, especially in winter. Being sited inside the wooden run, the hens will have double weather protection :lol: (My chocolate eglu is sited alongside the wooden run.)

7023.jpg

Looks lovely - the height of luxury :wink: A s"Ooops, word censored!"y penthouse inside a wooden run.

All your chickens 14? My since you have moved your flock has grown - a nice little cottage industry.

One of the reasons I bought the cube was that it freed up the floor area - great isn't it.

I lost the internet yesterday and had to wait for one of the children to pop back to sort it out :oops: I only have the two new chickens in the cube and they pop up and down the ladder quite easily (especially down!). The only time they had a bit of a problem was the first evening just after a torrential downpour and I think they found it a bit slippery - quite funny to watch :lol: I knew they could do it as before it started raining they had been up and down a few times. I did shine a torch in the eggport to encourage them and it only took a few minutes. Last night I went out to see them at dusk and they had tucked themselves up nicely together in the cube. It probably helped that Mark (the man who kindly delivered and built my cube) put one of the new hens in the cube and the other in the run so it encouraged them to explore. The older three are still being quite nasty to them through the wire but it will all work out eventually. The new ones are much more settled today and already seem to be getting quite confident. They look so much smaller but I am sure they will soon catch up. I am picking up my youngest daughter from university on Saturday and will see if she can help me get some photos onto the forum then.

Our cube is due tomorrow. Hope it comes early as OH is going away for a week and it would be good to have two pairs of hands to put it together.

I helped on the Omlet stand at the Grand designs show a couple of weeks ago & had great fun demonstrating the cube to others - I think I've got a reasonably good idea of how it should all fit together.

Only 1 more sleep to go, I'm so excited.

Morag