LolaLayla Posted December 10, 2011 Share Posted December 10, 2011 My girls are moulting just now and there are loads of lovely feathers in the garden. Do any of you use them in your craft projects and if so do you 'prepare' them in some way before using It just seems such a waste to see them blow away Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted December 10, 2011 Author Share Posted December 10, 2011 No thoughts I was sure some omleteer would have used them in their craft work. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigmommasally Posted December 10, 2011 Share Posted December 10, 2011 I haven't done this but saw it a few weeks ago on Pintrest and thought I might try it with my girls feathers. Perhaps you can give it a go first and let me know how easy it is! http://www.marthastewart.com/266705/feather-christmas-tree?czone=holiday/workshop-christmas/workshop-christmas-stock Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted December 10, 2011 Share Posted December 10, 2011 Presume they could be used to make flys ( spelling?) for fishing? I'd be tempted to turn them into some sort of a brroch / pin to go on a jacket or hat. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted December 11, 2011 Share Posted December 11, 2011 I've used feathers for tails on strings of fabric birds. This sort of idealink I've also used them for hair on a rag doll but they were bought ones as the girls hadn't moulted then. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mum Posted December 11, 2011 Share Posted December 11, 2011 The Martha tree reminds me of a Frizzle but with a star insead of a head Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted December 11, 2011 Author Share Posted December 11, 2011 Thanks for the great ideas I collected a lot more today. Poor Layla has hardly any knickers left at all As I wasn't sure if there would be any microscopic mites on them and I wasn't sure how to ensure that they were clean I decided to do what is recommended to get rid of dust mites.......I put the feathers in a container in the freezer. Just me being a bit picky about bugs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted December 16, 2011 Share Posted December 16, 2011 http://www.holliewright.co.uk/gallery.php Hollie uses her hens feathers in wire birds. Lovely Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted December 17, 2011 Author Share Posted December 17, 2011 http://www.holliewright.co.uk/gallery.php Hollie uses her hens feathers in wire birds. Lovely Those are lovely Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...