kuko

Bedtime.

Hello everyone!

Don't know if anyone can answer this before sunset but we have had our ex-batts for a week now and they are not putting themselves to bed. My question is are we doing it too early and they would do it themselves if it was a little darker? The other night - probably night three - we left it and a couple panicked.

Any wisdom would be appreciated!

Love Tra

Thanks everyone for your lovely replies! Tried the light and it worked a treat! Wow! All four were standing on the ramp waiting for each other. They are starting to get stronger and it's great to see them being hens. Today 2 of them bathed in the sun and it was precious! Thanks again, appreciate you all taking the time!! :D

Hello everyone!

Don't know if anyone can answer this before sunset but we have had our ex-batts for a week now and they are not putting themselves to bed. My question is are we doing it too early and they would do it themselves if it was a little darker? The other night - probably night three - we left it and a couple panicked.

Any wisdom would be appreciated!

Love Tra

Have the same problen with ES (7). Tried the torch but he just used it to read Winnie the Witch under the duvet. :wall:

I had the same problem with some of mine, some worked it out straight away, others......... The worst offender was Jemima, she could not work the ladder out. We have an ark and she worked out that the girls were up at the top but she couldn't find out how to get up there, even when she would watch another girl walk up there in front of her. I wanted her to learn about the ladder rather than just lifting her up there each night so I ended up crawling through the run for several nights and putting her on the ladder and then shoving her upwards :lol:

Glad you are sorted now with your girls. :D