BeckyBoo

More chickens, ALREADY!!

Well, I won't be taking him there again! Took my husband to see the poultry breeder where we got three of our chooks from and have come home with two more chickens! :roll: I guess I had all the fun of choosing and looking stuff up and things and he just came home to be presented witha done deal. We now also have a Speckledy something or other and a Calder Ranger I think he said, in any case a speckled grey one with a light grey head and a ginger brown. So wish us luck, I told him all about pecking order and bullying etc etc but we're going to put them in tonight once the other girls have gone to bed, :pray: hopefully as we've only had the others less than a week they'll be still a bit flexible, but I think I'm trying to convince myself!

Mrs Bertie

I know the feeling, we only decided a few weeks ago that we'd get some chickens again (because our friends Chris and Rob from here got some & it made us think about getting some more) :roll: We now have 10 :shock: Although 6 of them are young light sussex & we will only be able to keep the girl ones as we have too many neighbours to have a cockeral here. But I did actually want to get a Calder ranger as I think they are lovely looking & having read about them, they sound really nice. I think if some of the light sussex have to go, I will get a calder ranger & a black rock as I like those too.

I wanted to get 2 new ones so they weren't picked on so much. But the breeder I got the hen from said 'NO' I was only alllowed 1. She seems to be settling in well so far :) That's the new hen. But she is leading the others astray :( and I think that's why they like her. She bought a bit more fun into their lives. :lol:

I know it takes a while it just not very nice to watch. :cry: They're doing pretty well. They let her eat and drink. Well actually she's not stupid she sneeks in the run when the other 2 aren't looking. :lol: Clever girl :D Seems a lot more poo with 3 chickens though. Espeacially as they now wait on the back door step for me. :?