cloud

Super Glug with extra bits

We saw a very odd looking Super Glug at the Omlet shop today. In the bottom was a row of three inserts that I have difficulty in describing, but they each looked a like over large bicycle value - there was an inner rod that lifted when pushed from below. I first I wondered if they were some type of electrode used to measure when the Glug was empty but that didn't explain why the middle rod moved.

I asked the lad in the shop but he had no idea - poor guy was probably just looking after the shop. None of the other Glugs has them fitted.

The Omlet web site does not mention them. I'm wondering what they are. Is this a standard adoption, or some one off cleverness I don't understand?

That's the original Superglug.

The latest version doesn't have these and is a normal drinker

The original was hung high on the run and the chickens pecked at the drippers which when pushed up fractionally let a drop of water out. This type of drinker design means that the water stays cleaner

Quite a few people found that their chickens never learned to use the drippers and I am guessing that this led to Omlet changing the design to one without the drippers and where the bird drinks as normal from the top