Charlie7

Wyandotte chicks :D Need help with colours and sexing

Hi,

My bantam Wyandotte chicks hatched a week ago and I'm wondering what colour and sex they are. I don't know if it works, but I checked their wings for "rows" of feathers and they have two. According to what I read, that means they are girls - boys only have one row. It that true?

From what I have googled, the light chick is a Columbian, but I can't find a match to the brown one. Any ideas?

Here's a video of them, it was taken when they were five days old. (hatch)

Hi

Its too early to sex them yet I'm afraid. Feather sexing only works where the genetics is correct, its something to do with crossing a fast feathering breed/strain with a slow feathering one

The light chick could possibly be a columbian or perhaps a silver pencilled

The dark one looks possibly like a gold partridge but not exactly correct patterning for one...

What were the parents?

Thanks for the quick reply! :D Unfortunately I don't know what colour the parents are, I just got the eggs from a farm where they keep a number of different colours together. :? Is it possible that two different colours mixed and the chick has a colour that ins't in the breed standard?