I have an acrylic sheet along the side of the WIR to stop the girls eating plants.

It is very brittle and you need to take your time to cut it and drill holes into it. Then you need to be careful you do not overtighten your screws when attaching. Voice of experience, managed to split 3 out of 6 holes.

Take your time and you should be fine. Mine has lasted well even with the split holes, its not going anywhere.

If you are putting it on the roof you may want to try Polycarbonate sheets instead, these are easier to work with and more flexible than the acrylic.

I was too scared to do drilling and cutting :lol: .

I got my panels cut to fit the wire panel within the wooden bits. I then bought some clear Rapstraps (on Ebay) and made a kind of loop at the corners which the corners of the acrylic then fit into.

This photo might help more than a description. You can just see the whiteish rapstraps at the corners :) .

6287043096_f5cc65d83f.jpg

It looks really good ANH does it work well with your winds?

I cut mine to the size of the wood frame but just a bit shorter to allow ventilation and screwed it to the frame, so it sits on the frame rather than in it. If you heat the panel with hairdryer or leave in sun (ha ha) it doesn't crack when you drill it. Use a sharp point first to make a starting bit.

I used oversize round screw heads and washers to attach it.