chestnutmare

Are these boy or girl silkies?

I agree boy, girl, girl based on how they look now.

Is your friend local Chestnutmare? If so I could take a look in the flesh in a few weeks if you like.

Thanks, Debs. She'll appreciate the feedback, I'm sure.

No not local at all. Infact I've never met her but speak to her online and over the phone.

How about you come and see me when my silkies need sexing? :) (Oo that sounds so rude and wrong! :lol:)

Maria - take it from me they are so hard to sex :( I was convinced I had 2 girls and then Dill turned into a boy (I have only just found him a new home :D ). Good luck :D

Uh oh. These are my friends silkies. I've got a while 'til mine can be sexed then. :roll:

I think I have a pretty good idea about the pekin chicks already. And their only 3wks old.

My boy is called 'Dill' too :D

I would have guessed all three were girls so shows what I know. However if you see some longish feathers sprouting from the top knot area that sort of go over towards the back, then I'd say you have a boy. Here is my boy to show you what I mean (though don't look at the comb which is all the wrong colour).

ChickenDillthehandsomefellow_30-11-11.jpg

I agree boy, girl, girl based on how they look now.

Is your friend local Chestnutmare? If so I could take a look in the flesh in a few weeks if you like.

Thanks, Debs. She'll appreciate the feedback, I'm sure.

No not local at all. Infact I've never met her but speak to her online and over the phone.

How about you come and see me when my silkies need sexing? :) (Oo that sounds so rude and wrong! :lol:)

Hello!!!

Thank You sooo much chestnutmare for posting these piccies up for me :D

Things have kind of moved on for me since I last posted on here including the purchase of these 3 babies, moving my 2 Warrens and 6 Hybrids up to the allotment and then totally "lucking out" when one of the other allotment holders handed over his double allotment to me lock stock & barrel, including 3 runs, custom made coops, 2 sheds, a plethora of fruit tree's including apple, pear, cherry and kiwi fruit.... oh and some 20 + hens (they won't stay still long enough to be counted) and 5 cockerels!!!! (Oh and another 4 commercially bought runs!) I also have 3 Cream Leg Bars being brought on to POL for me by their breeder and hopefully (once sexed) 3 Vorwerk girlies too!!!

Very much appreciate the feed back indeed, I too had thought Snowy was a boy and Icey & Blizzard were girls... they were a "spur of the moment" impulse buy, eye candy mostly, eggs will be a bonus plus maybe the opportunity of any girls going broody so I could maybe hatch out a few chicks naturally too???

My main computer is currently in storage and I am having to log on to my daughters computer somewhat sneakily, but it's an i-mac and I'm used to a PC hence me asking CM for help posting the piccies??

OH yes... CM??? I meant what I said you know, your name is on the first 2 CLB girlies I hatch OK?? :wink::wink:

Will pop some more piccies up of the fluffballs in another couple of weeks time, but if it's 2 boys and a girl then one boy will have to go sadly, can't tolerate fighting.... :cry:

My boy is called 'Dill' too :D

I would have guessed all three were girls so shows what I know. However if you see some longish feathers sprouting from the top knot area that sort of go over towards the back, then I'd say you have a boy. Here is my boy to show you what I mean (though don't look at the comb which is all the wrong colour).

ChickenDillthehandsomefellow_30-11-11.jpg

Awww, Who cares if his comb is the wrong colour or not, he's still gorgeous!!! :D