Duncan08

What age OK for Marraiges Flubenvet pellets

Hi,

My five big girls are on the Marraiges Flubenvet layers pellets this week.

Usually my aunt has the rest of the bag for her chucks, but she got foxed and only has one blind cockerel left.

The date on them is end of June, it seems a shame to throw the rest away.

The chicks are now 11 weeks, and on growers pellets. Are they too young yet to go on the Flubenvet pellets, (have read the bag and instructions but there doesnt seem to be a minium age)

Also to take into account is that they had a Treatment of Coxoid that fined on the 13th June, so dont want to completely over load their tums - not sure how aggressive the Flubenvet is.

Any thoughts????

Well, I currently have a bag of the flubenvet pellets and although I can't check right this minute, but as far as I remember they are layers pellets aren't they? So you shouldn't give them to such young chickens, they would need to be at least about five weeks older, so it will probably have to go to waste, sadly.

Tim

There seems to have been some batches of the pellets which have short dates on of late; I used to be able to squeeze 2 quarterly wormings out of one 10kg sack before they went out of date but that has all changed. They do seem to have a longer use-by date if you purchase directly from Marriages but they are more expensive and you have to ring up rather than ordering online.

I feel your pain; I hate waste too.

I got these directly from Marraiges hoping for a better use by date by buying directly.

Of course the obvious answer is to get more chickens to use up a full bag in future :lol:

Wonder if they are any good for geese, my aunt keeps geese as well as her poor cockerel.

Will look it up!

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't, I don't need much encouragement. I now have 3 coops and runs on the go.

Chicks are spoiled, they have the !goyellow! set up on the lawn for when the weather is good, and the wooden one set up under cover on the patio for when the weather is bad. My dad is even putting legs on the wooden one. It doesn't get any sun ,(on the odd occasion it comes out) which is why I have rebuilt the !goyellow! on the grass.

They loved getting in the !goyellow! run on Sunday afternoon, skipping up and down it they were, after being in sick bay inside for the previous week. Just brings a huge :D to your face.

Now if I had discovered chickens before men and children......how life would have been so much easier...... :whistle: